Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I see you past 215,610 miles now. Not bad! My Mysticblau passed 258,387 miles and is still running strong. Good solid maintenance at this mileage is key . . .

Nice to see your ZHP still running and in your hands
    Yep, I drove back cross country to Boston. So looking to stay here for a bit. I haven't really spent too much time maintaining it like I would've like but getting back into it now. There is just so much to do now. Plus I do have the E36 M3 which is a complete project as well.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Don't think it's your eyes, compared to Tony's pictures my coupe also seems less defined

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    With the coupe the lenses aren't replaceable which means you can buff them out and put UV coating on them. That's about the best you can do with those I believe.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    Yep, I drove back cross country to Boston. So looking to stay here for a bit. I haven't really spent too much time maintaining it like I would've like but getting back into it now. There is just so much to do now. Plus I do have the E36 M3 which is a complete project as well.
    You will have your hands full for awhile. Looking forward to seeing how your M3 project comes along

With the coupe the lenses aren't replaceable which means you can buff them out and put UV coating on them. That's about the best you can do with those I believe.
    For the coupe you can remove the headlight lens (not sure if you can source new ones though) and work on them without having to deal with the entire headlight assembly but you need to heat the butul tape which helps seal the lens to the headlight assembly. It is a real PITA process but can be done. At this point if you are able to source new lens it is better just to replace them then reheat the butul tape and replace the lens and push them in solidly until you hear them snap back in place.

BimmerJake was the only coupe lens source for awhile, but hasn't had them for several years. Found this on Aliexpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ight-lens.html

There's some for $48.99 when you click on the $82 ones.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Yep, I drove back cross country to Boston.

Man... Isn't having the Westfalia hitch great? Pretty appreciative of the pics you posted which I referenced when I installed mine.

And FWIW my coupe lenses are basically mint, so still not sure why the cutoff is not as defined. Could just be inherent in the projector design

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    BimmerJake was the only coupe lens source for awhile, but hasn't had them for several years. Found this on Aliexpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ight-lens.html

There's some for $48.99 when you click on the $82 ones.
    Link seems dead but wow good to know! Bimmerjakes is way too pricey, I picked up a set a few years ago and long story short ended up making money after swapping lenses and refurbing them with 2K clear. If mine ever get a bit swirled I can always polish them just like paint because... It is paint

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Man... Isn't having the Westfalia hitch great? Pretty appreciative of the pics you posted which I referenced when I installed mine.

And FWIW my coupe lenses are basically mint, so still not sure why the cutoff is not as defined. Could just be inherent in the projector design

Link seems dead but wow good to know! Bimmerjakes is way too pricey, I picked up a set a few years ago and long story short ended up making money after swapping lenses and refurbing them with 2K clear. If mine ever get a bit swirled I can always polish them just like paint because... It is paint

Yep it's pretty convenient with towing the trailer cross country. I think my hitch is slightly loose as in the socket or attachment has some play left to right but I can't confirm which part due to the trailer swinging out from black ice and hitting my quarter panels. I still have to address them in the future when I have some time to work on them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Link seems dead but wow good to know!
    Aliexpress link works for me, but from there you can search for "bmw e46 coupe 03-06 headlight lens" to find them.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556