Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Dude, Charlie is a terrible influence. On top of that, I even regularly drive 2 hours to his house every few weekends to be negatively (financially) influenced by him!!

I'd love to check out your new shift knob in person.... hint hint.
    Well ill be in Cromwell all tomorrow till Thursday. If you want to meet up! I could use some coding and insight on a few things as well. Or I can drive to you if you aren't too far.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

CCV + VCG + Tune Up + Snow

Started before Nemo hit and this is the result afterwards

So after roughly a total of 15 hrs of working on the car I finally finished the CCV, oil filter housing gasket, vcg, spark plugs, vanos swap (seals already done before), intake boots changed, icv grommet (PITA) and vanos line. After all said and done I really hope I don't have to work on my car for a few days however I still got to a cooling system overhaul before things freeze up due to the weather.

I found out that the oil in the car is running milky.

I must have another seal to replace or something because it is also in the expansion tank. Any input on this matter would be helpful since I don't know how it is really happening.

I am just glad things sound a lot better now and will feel better once the overhaul is finished as well. Everything is taking a big toll on my back though since I am still recovering from the accident. Darn weather isn't making it any better.

From the looks of your expansion tank Tony, you may also want to consider replacing it... the dipstick changes color and starts to fade indicating its time to change it out...looks like your expansion tank dipstick has already begun to fade...

Nothing worse than having issues with your cooling system when you're out in BFE with no repair shops nearby....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I already have everything ready to do a swap. Just the weather has been really crappy.

Today I'm going to head over to a garage and stay warm while doing a complete overhaul on the cooling system. No more problems for a while after this bit.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

So today I finished off the major maintenance with a cooling system overhaul. Pretty much a lot easier to do since the zhp had an electric fan. The only thing that didn't seem right was the expansion tank sitting down didn't look flush but I guess that's how the engineers designed it. The coolant was brown/yellow assuming that some oil was leaking in the coolant and/or that the coolant the p/o put in wasn't bmw coolant. I'll have to check up again in a week to see if anything seems strange. Would love some input into the matter guys

Definitely does not sound like the PO used BMW smurf juice.

But congrats on getting all that work done! Ccv is next on my list as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    So today I finished off the major maintenance with a cooling system overhaul. Pretty much a lot easier to do since the zhp had an electric fan. The only thing that didn't seem right was the expansion tank sitting down didn't look flush but I guess that's how the engineers designed it. The coolant was brown/yellow assuming that some oil was leaking in the coolant and/or that the coolant the p/o put in wasn't bmw coolant. I'll have to check up again in a week to see if anything seems strange. Would love some input into the matter guys
    Sounds like the po mixed in some green or yellow coolant.

I would go for a drain and refill again in the near future to make sure all of that garbage is out of there if you didn't do the block drain.The phosphates in the other coolants don't play well with the internals.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Nice job. Let us know how she is running.

Tony, I agree with Keith. I would plan to change out the cooling as soon as possible. There shouldn't be anything except for BMW coolant inside....

Sounds good everyone! I will be getting another bottle of coolant soon. I also finish repairing the silver trim. It looks really good and intact now. Cut some square pieces of abs and epoxy it.

I am having a wear rattle every time I turn off my engine. It never happens any other time really. Like imagine driving, parking, and turning the key to off position which is followed by a rattle. I check under the car but couldn't really find anything that is loose. Ill record a video later for you all.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast