Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Nice job.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I am having a wear rattle every time I turn off my engine. It never happens any other time really. Like imagine driving, parking, and turning the key to off position which is followed by a rattle. I check under the car but couldn't really find anything that is loose. Ill record a video later for you all.
    If it only happens when you're in neutral with clutch pedal depressed, I believe this is normal - it happens because our flywheels are lighter from what I've read. Try turning off with clutch pedal pressed in vs depressed. If you have a steptronic I have no idea!
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Remember to dilute the BMW coolant with distilled water 50-50.

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Remember to dilute the BMW coolant with distilled water 50-50.
    +1

Buy a gallon of BMW antifreeze. Buy two gallon jugs of distilled water. Dump one out, fill with second until both are equally full. Fill the rest of both with the antifreeze. Mark jugs with a sharpie.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I am having a wear rattle every time I turn off my engine. It never happens any other time really. Like imagine driving, parking, and turning the key to off position which is followed by a rattle. I check under the car but couldn't really find anything that is loose. Ill record a video later for you all.
    See below...

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    If it only happens when you're in neutral with clutch pedal depressed, I believe this is normal - it happens because our flywheels are lighter from what I've read. Try turning off with clutch pedal pressed in vs depressed. If you have a steptronic I have no idea!
    This. Just hold the clutch pedal to the floor when shutting the car off and you won't get the rattle. This is "normal". Gear doesn't matter.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    +1

Buy a gallon of BMW antifreeze. Buy two gallon jugs of distilled water. Conserve water by dumping one out into your plants, fill with second until both are equally full. Fill the rest of both with the antifreeze. Mark jugs with a sharpie.
    Added environmental clarity.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks guys,

So that solve the rattle problem. I usually just turn on/off the car without pushing down on the clutch.

I'll check in the morning on the coolant.

Thanks again!

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Tony, I occasionally have this with my ZHP and what I do to get rid of the rattle is depress the clutch. Don't need to depress all the way and the rattle will stop. Usually happens to me when I either first start my car or get ready to turn it off.

I did the whole no clutch start mod so I suppose I never really thought it was a problem until after I did that. It has been bugging me for a bit afterwards however all seems good now. Once I get a chance to clean her I'll snap some photos. I also heard from Chad that someone could repair/patch work alcantara seats? I got a nice tear on the driver side bolster which I haven't got around to fixing yet. Possibly in the future I'll fix all the cars.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

CLutch chatter and gear rattle is normal if you have an unsprung hub disc and the flywheel is light. On the 6 speed case it has an unsprung hub disc.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast