Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutch Stop

1.5" seemed to place it exactly where the clutch allows the car to start on my car. Personally, I like it better without the clutch stop. I had one in and I felt the clutch wasn't engaging all the way. With it out my shifts seemed to be easier and smoother. I did like the lack of dead space, but not if the clutch wasn't engaging all the way.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    1.5" seemed to place it exactly where the clutch allows the car to start on my car. Personally, I like it better without the clutch stop. I had one in and I felt the clutch wasn't engaging all the way. With it out my shifts seemed to be easier and smoother. I did like the lack of dead space, but not if the clutch wasn't engaging all the way.
    That definitely would not be good. My clutch feels like it's engaging fully. Certainly will pay close attention to it going forward...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    Not wear but better feel due to the shorter push. Just gives you a tad less travel, so less dead spot.
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC17 View Post
    Exactly. I really like the dead spot; it seems to give me better fine-tuning ability and massively helps the smoothness of my shifting. Whenever I drive a car with a very short clutch travel, I can never really quite get used to it without spending a massive amount of time in the car.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I have done this clutch stop as well, but I'm curious if anyone has the same problem as me. My issue is I can't get my clutch stop perfect because my engine start engage point is different than my normal drive engage point.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP-FTW View Post
    I have done this clutch stop as well, but I'm curious if anyone has the same problem as me. My issue is I can't get my clutch stop perfect because my engine start engage point is different than my normal drive engage point.
    That's due to the switch that senses when the clutch pedal is pressed. Lower it a little and you won't have that problem.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I think I know what you're getting at-- yes, if you get the clutch stop in the perfect position on mine to where you are just a smidge before clutch release/drive engage, it's not depressed far enough for the start switch. In order to clear the start switch, the clutch stop will end up in a position where you still have a little travel before the drive engage point.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That's due to the switch that senses when the clutch pedal is pressed. Lower it a little and you won't have that problem.
    Can you explain to me how to adjust this switch? Thanks.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Can you explain to me how to adjust this switch? Thanks.
    I meant lower the clutch stop, not the switch. The switch is fixed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I bought the UUC clutch stop when I first bought my car. The bolt on it was way too long. I had to cut off quite a bit too. Don't remember how much though. It's been so long that I don't remember if I had to adjust for the clutch engagement position or the start sensor position. It has a nut that you could adjust to keep the clutch stop from rotating and moving down from use. I used that to adjust it. I've gotten used to the short clutch movement. Don't really seem to notice it much anymore.

Johnny
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    I bought the UUC clutch stop when I first bought my car. The bolt on it was way too long. I had to cut off quite a bit too. Don't remember how much though. It's been so long that I don't remember if I had to adjust for the clutch engagement position or the start sensor position. It has a nut that you could adjust to keep the clutch stop from rotating and moving down from use. I used that to adjust it. I've gotten used to the short clutch movement. Don't really seem to notice it much anymore.

Johnny
    Was thinking of doing the same thing as far as using a nut on the elevator bolt to lock it in just a hair further out than it is now.

I've been driving with it for a few hundred miles now and I'm very happy with the feel.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast