Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutch Stop

Guys sry for asking but what is the purpose of this thing?

To limit how far you can push your clutch in....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Was thinking of doing the same thing as far as using a nut on the elevator bolt to lock it in just a hair further out than it is now.

I've been driving with it for a few hundred miles now and I'm very happy with the feel.
    Oh, one other thing: Just a drop of Loc-tite to keep the nut in place.
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGraphic View Post
    Oh, one other thing: Just a drop of Loc-tite to keep the nut in place.
    Will do. Thanks.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I finally finished mine. Both stores I went to were out of the bolts I needed so I cut a 2" down. It is a different feel.

I do want to make sure I am getting the engagement I need when shifting. It starts and no problems there but I feel like the shifts might be a tad rougher but no movement or anything when stopped and running through the gears while idle.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Quote Originally Posted by jjcools View Post
    I finally finished mine. Both stores I went to were out of the bolts I needed so I cut a 2" down. It is a different feel.

I do want to make sure I am getting the engagement I need when shifting. It starts and no problems there but I feel like the shifts might be a tad rougher but no movement or anything when stopped and running through the gears while idle.
    I definitely needed a little time to adjust to it. Initially feels like you're getting drive engagement much faster because of the shorter travel.

Causes your shifts to be a little less smooth until you adjust.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

So, I bought a 2" and, cut off about .25", added a pad (about .125"), it is perfect now and I have totally minimized the dead spot. There is about 1/16" dead spot now :D. I took many trips in and out of the car to cut it down a smidgen at a time until the car started then I cut a little bit more off, added a pad and called it good!

Quote Originally Posted by HaloArchive View Post
    So, I bought a 2" and, cut off about .25", added a pad (about .125"), it is perfect now and I have totally minimized the dead spot. There is about 1/16" dead spot now :D. I took many trips in and out of the car to cut it down a smidgen at a time until the car started then I cut a little bit more off, added a pad and called it good!
    Good info. Thanks.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I retract my previous statement. I cut it down to about 1 1/4 inches with the little 1/8 or so pad. After not driving with it for months, going back to it is great. It feels so much better and makes shifting so much easier. I was so impressed I went and bought an actual elevator bolt (had a sort of elevator bolt before) and I'm sure that will make it that much better. I like it!

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Looking into this...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast