Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    How was the condition of that particular hose upon removal? Was it the source of your leak? Asking because I've never heard of replacing that hose in the E46 on a preventive basis. Being rubber and getting old, of course it wouldn't hurt (the car) to do so although it seems the personal pain threshold was well exceeded.
    My brother got stranded in his for 6 hours.

It was one of those, car is 10 years old, 141k miles and figured I might as well just get it done.

Yes, I too thought about giving up with the pain threshold. I did however, prevail.

So any benefit with those aluminum expansion tank caps?

See link to product description above. They make a pretty good argument for running a lower pressure cap. In your case, with all new plastic parts, there's certainly no rush but they are offering a pkg deal on cap + DISA repair kit. Tho as noted previously, you may want to go for their Gold DISA (all new unit retrofitted with their reinforced parts).

I installed the repair kit at first sign of DISA rattle (~65k mis). Short version of which is the rattle comes from the flap pin loosening. Once broken free, the pin can get sucked into the motor. All of which is detailed in their product description.

The way to know if you have DISA rattle is, well, to listen for a rattle. Confirm whether DISA-related by unplugging connector from DISA while engine is running. Rattle will go away while disconnected.

Thanks for all the info. I'll def. look into that.

I currently do NOT have a rattle there. But I'm all for not replacing a motor due to a stupid thing like that.

My disa fell apart when I pulled it to get it out of the way to do other maintenance... I don't recall at what mileage, scary!

- 2021 Tesla Model Y LR-AWD '21-
    - 2014 CPO i01 BEV Capparis White Tera World, '17-'20
    - 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-'18 R.I.P
    - 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
    - 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910