Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks for the added info, I didn't realize you had edited your post until today. This is quite interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    I do think you might be right about the effectiveness of the ABS system. I noticed last winter that my ABS didn't seem very effective. It felt like it was getting triggered way too early, and more importantly, it felt ineffective at actually allowing me to stop. I didn't make the connection with SuperBlue until now.
    Because you observed this before I wrote about DOT4 LV possibly effecting the ABS system there isn't any way that you were influenced by it.

despite what the Bentley says, 2003+ M3s have the MK60
    I know very little about the differences between E46's and E46 M3's but realoem lists a precharge pump for all years M3:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...31&hg=34&fg=20

But only up to 09/2000 for non M3:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...93&hg=34&fg=20

Also coincides with this document on E46 Traction Control systems:

http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Libr...%20Control.pdf
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

...the CDV was installed in cars that don't specify DOT4 LV
    Another light bulb just went off in my head. If you do a google image search for BMW CDV you'll notice that the CDV's don't all have the same size hole in them:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+...&bih=769&dpr=1

And it is known that despite having the same part number, the CDV's on M3's look different than the ones on non M3's.

Check out figure 4 here:

http://zeckhausen.com/cdv.htm

The hole in mine is TINY, a #53 drill bit. I'll bet that the M3 CDV has a larger hole for use with DOT4.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

So... in conclusion... one should or shouldn't remove the CDV?
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

Quote Originally Posted by PirateZHP View Post
    So... in conclusion... one should or shouldn't remove the CDV?
    Remove it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    How many liters did you end up using to flush and fill?
    Sorry, I don't know. Maybe 1 1/2?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Thanks for the added info, I didn't realize you had edited your post until today. This is quite interesting:

Because you observed this before I wrote about DOT4 LV possibly effecting the ABS system there isn't any way that you were influenced by it.

I know very little about the differences between E46's and E46 M3's but realoem lists a precharge pump for all years M3:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...31&hg=34&fg=20

But only up to 09/2000 for non M3:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...93&hg=34&fg=20

Also coincides with this document on E46 Traction Control systems:

http://images.chaleur.com/BMW%20Libr...%20Control.pdf
    I think the ETK has that info wrong. The 2003+ M3s use the same system as the M3 CSL, and the CSL doesn't have a precharge pump listed. Wouldn't be the first time that there's a mistake in there

On a different note, the Z4M has the same CDV (same part number) as the E46 M3, and those cars specify DOT4 LV

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    I've never noticed a difference in ABS ability at high speeds with super blue, high speeds being 130.

The only time abs was kicking in early was when I started to overheat pads

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Do you drive it in snow/ice? Viscosity in cold weather will be more than at high temperatures. I suspect that cold viscosity is most important for ABS in snow/ice (especially if you haven't been driving all day)

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Is the Z4MC's DSC the MK 60 type (no precharge pump) like us E46s or the MK 20 (w/precharge pump) like the M3s?
    MK60e5. Don't know if they added the precharge pump back to those.

What kinda sucks is that there aren't really any low viscosity fluids with competitive dry/wet boiling points. The various DOT5.1 fluids are close, so that's probably the route I'll go.
    Last edited by terraphantm; 10-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Reviving this super old thread, but can someone please post the link for where to order the LV fluid that is recommended here? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    Reviving this super old thread, but can someone please post the link for where to order the LV fluid that is recommended here? Thanks!
    Extremely old thread but somebody might benefit from this info. BMW now only carries LV fluid at their dealerships so you no longer need to pony up extra cash for Pentosin DOT4 LV etc. Here are the part numbers you are looking for (I could not find these part numbers on FCP Euro, ECS tuning etc):

83132405977 - 1L
    83132405976 - 500ML

Price was $17.30 for the 1L bottle at Budd's BMW in Oakville, ON (Canada).

Name:  brake-fluid-dot-4--1000ml--yellow.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  31.3 KB
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567