Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Okay, so I am very big into detailing and have always wondered this. Is all tire shine bad for tires? Are certain brands better? Have been using Meguiars Hot Shine aerosol and always notice after driving through rain and the product washes off, the tire has a stained look to it.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    Okay, so I am very big into detailing and have always wondered this. Is all tire shine bad for tires? Are certain brands better? Have been using Meguiars Hot Shine aerosol and always notice after driving through rain and the product washes off, the tire has a stained look to it.

Sent from my iPhone 5.
    good question there really isn't anything bad for it there are products that I feel are better than others.

I believe Armour All is the only product long term that can dry rot your tires.
    (this will be over time)

the key for good looking tires I believe is after every few washes you should clean the tires with a good apc or something like Stoner's Tarminator wipe all that dirt and grime off the tires for a good clean base, then apply the tire dressing to it.

another tip after you finish dressing all 4 tires go back to it and wipe off the excess, this will ensure no tire slinging.

Adam's Super VRT is our shop favorite for a nice dark sheen

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    good question there really isn't anything bad for it there are products that I feel are better than others.

I believe Armour All is the only product long term that can dry rot your tires.
    (this will be over time)

the key for good looking tires I believe is after every few washes you should clean the tires with a good apc or something like Stoner's Tarminator wipe all that dirt and grime off the tires for a good clean base, then apply the tire dressing to it.

another tip after you finish dressing all 4 tires go back to it and wipe off the excess, this will ensure no tire slinging.

Adam's Super VRT is our shop favorite for a nice dark sheen
    Great thanks! Appreciate the fast response!

Sent from my iPhone 5.

I have the Super VRT and really like it on my black trim. Still working through the remainder of other tire products for the wheels and will try VRT there once I'm out of the other stuff.

A few questions for the experts here...
    • What's the best way to repair paint chips, Dr. Color Chip or the Langka Blog Remover with factory touch-up paint?
    • If a paint chip is down to bare metal, should I prime it first before using touch-up paint?
    • Have brake dust seemingly embedded in rear wheels' paint. Should I claybar then use then Sonax Full Effect (or similar iron dissolver), or Full Effect then claybar?
    • After cleaning wheels, better to wax them with rim/wheel wax or use paint sealant on them?
    • After removing brake dust from wheels, is it worth polishing them before waxing? Can I polish the inside of the barrell?
    • When does it make sense to use a clear-coat scratch repair pen? Before polishing a scratch? After polishing (if polishing doesn't make it disappear)? Never?
    • Windshield has lots of tiny rock chips, only visible when driving into the setting (or rising) sun. Any way to polish or seal these? Or do glass polishes only remove water spots?
    • To remove hard water spots on exterior glass, better to use glass clay or glass polishing pad?

Which is the better way for treating paint chips and road rash--Dr. Color Chip (includes custom-blended touch-up paint) or Langka Blob Eliminator (use with factory touch-up paint)? Both have you apply paint first then level it afterward with a special solution that softens the semi-dry touch-up paint.

I have three cars that could use some minor paint chip repair. Dr. Color Chip does allow one to order additional touch-up paint colors separately. With Blog Eliminator you just buy the touch-up paint from the auto parts store or dealership.

I think Botond used Dr. CC on his car. Check his Wobie build thread.

I should probably invest as I have two OB cars that could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Which is the better way for treating paint chips and road rash--Dr. Color Chip (includes custom-blended touch-up paint) or Langka Blob Eliminator (use with factory touch-up paint)? Both have you apply paint first then level it afterward with a special solution that softens the semi-dry touch-up paint.

I have three cars that could use some minor paint chip repair. Dr. Color Chip does allow one to order additional touch-up paint colors separately. With Blog Eliminator you just buy the touch-up paint from the auto parts store or dealership.
    from what I see Dr. Color Chip has been much more popular.

Phil, thanks for the tip! I'll probably order a Dr. Color Chip kit. Do you sell them? Didn't see them on your web site. If not I'll look at Turner, BavAuto, AutoGeek.net, or direct from Dr. Color Chip.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast