Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    same as in 'me too'
    Ahhh... My bust.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I wanna know, how you know, when you have enough product on your pad when removing swirls?

I wanna know what your best, dark color (Imola) wax is?

I wanna know why you have to buy wheel wax, instead of using regular wax?

I wanna know what DD's best trim restore product is?

I want to make my car smell delicious. Can you help?
    Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    How do you safely remove a very fine coat of road salt without scratching clear coat? Thanks.
    Bill
    I wanna know what the best/safest/most effective way is to clean an engine bay?
    Thanks Nike (Same what?).

I wanna know what DD says as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    M105 Vs. M101? Is it worth paying more to "upgrade"? Does M101 really cut better and finish better than M105?

What is your take on a microfiber pad vs. a Orange cutting pad on a PC 7424XP? What cuts "more"? Specifically the cutting pads I posted below..

What about Surbuf R series pads? I have a box of them, but I haven't really tried them..

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Megui...ack_p_553.html

Thanks in advance!

For trim. I like to use black again. Works amazingly, it lasts for a good 8 months or so!
    http://www.autogeek.net/blackagain1.html
    Sorry for the autogeek link
    Bump.

Williamsburg, VA, Droid DNA, Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

sorry guys I haven't been getting these updates till now.

to keep the engine cleaning basic we follow the Adam's Video on Engine Cleaning

I wanna know, how you know, when you have enough product on your pad when removing swirls?

it will all depend on the product you use.

I wanna know what your best, dark color (Imola) wax is?

just about any wax or sealant will work well. its going to be in the prep, a swirl free finish will give you the best results.
    Imagine applying a wax on the left side of this m3 and one on the right side. The right side all corrected will give you the best look with any wax, if you put a $1000 wax on the left side it won't look as good as the right.

I wanna know why you have to buy wheel wax, instead of using regular wax?

wheel wax will yield a melting point, it will be able to resist more heat due to the brakes.

I wanna know what DD's best trim restore product is?

the trim restorer for what part of the trim the door seals or plastic trim?

I want to make my car smell delicious. Can you help?
    There are products to disinfect and neutralize the order in the car, you can use the 1Z einszett Klima Cleaner ETU

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    How do you safely remove a very fine coat of road salt without scratching clear coat? Thanks.
    Bill
    Bill can you wash it, I prefer to do a traditional wash if you can do this, if not you can carefully do this with a 2 bucket method and Optimum No Rinse.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    M105 Vs. M101? Is it worth paying more to "upgrade"? Does M101 really cut better and finish better than M105?

What is your take on a microfiber pad vs. a Orange cutting pad on a PC 7424XP? What cuts "more"? Specifically the cutting pads I posted below..

What about Surbuf R series pads? I have a box of them, but I haven't really tried them..

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Megui...ack_p_553.html

Thanks in advance!

For trim. I like to use black again. Works amazingly, it lasts for a good 8 months or so!
    http://www.autogeek.net/blackagain1.html
    Sorry for the autogeek link
    I started using the m101 and it does cut faster and I feel its worth the increase in price.

microfiber pads I love them they do a great job cutting.

Meg's D300, Meg's M105, Meg's M101, Menzerna FG400 as well as Sonax Fine Abrasive Polish all work well with the MF Cutting Pads.

The Surbuf will give you some really nice cut, did you need that much cut?

I'm wanting to do a cut and polish on my car as its not been done since I bought the car. I currently do not own an orbital or anything of that nature so am in the market for some kind of "starter kit" that comes with everything I would need.

Also with my car being a lighter color (Titanium silver) would I really see that much of a difference regarding appearance if i were to cut and polish it?

Do I need to worry about buying a thickness reader (not sure the proper term for it) before I attempt to cut and polish to keep from going past the clear?

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    I'm wanting to do a cut and polish on my car as its not been done since I bought the car. I currently do not own an orbital or anything of that nature so am in the market for some kind of "starter kit" that comes with everything I would need.

Also with my car being a lighter color (Titanium silver) would I really see that much of a difference regarding appearance if i were to cut and polish it?

Do I need to worry about buying a thickness reader (not sure the proper term for it) before I attempt to cut and polish to keep from going past the clear?
    you won't need to worry about the measuring of the paint with an orbital polisher.

here are a few kits to look at

Griot's Swirl Remover Kit
    Griot's Meg's DA System

what you want to do is

wash
    clay
    compound (if needed)
    polish
    wax or seal.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    you won't need to worry about the measuring of the paint with an orbital polisher.

here are a few kits to look at

Griot's Swirl Remover Kit
    Griot's Meg's DA System

what you want to do is

wash
    clay
    compound (if needed)
    polish
    wax or seal.

Phil
    Awesome thanks!

What are the benefits/cons to the two different kits that you listed or does it come down to mostly personal preference?

Also is it better to wax or use a sealant?

'01 330i

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast