Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    I started using the m101 and it does cut faster and I feel its worth the increase in price.

microfiber pads I love them they do a great job cutting.

Meg's D300, Meg's M105, Meg's M101, Menzerna FG400 as well as Sonax Fine Abrasive Polish all work well with the MF Cutting Pads.

The Surbuf will give you some really nice cut, did you need that much cut?
    Great, thanks for the response!

I bought the surbuf pads for some areas after I have wet-sanded.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Awesome thanks!

What are the benefits/cons to the two different kits that you listed or does it come down to mostly personal preference?

Also is it better to wax or use a sealant?
    both will work nicely, if you want something more durable pick up a sealant, silvers looks great under a sealant, it will also make the metallics pop on the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
    both will work nicely, if you want something more durable pick up a sealant, silvers looks great under a sealant, it will also make the metallics pop on the paint.
    Awesome. Any recommendations? Id heard a good sealant will last quite a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

I use Chemical Guys Jetseal. I applied it on Oct 1st, and now it's starting to need a refresh. Given my car's 24/7 exposure to salt, gravel, rain and snow, and the fact that it rained 1h after I finished the job in October, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Sig pic not representative of product capabilities
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

I have a few basic questions... Having a white car, any additional secrets to getting the "depth" or "wet look" you see on darker/metallic cars...?

Also, what is better about a Griots or PC buffer than my $30 orbital from Pep Boys?? Mine has lasted me close to 5 years and has done probably close to 200 wax jobs.
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    I use Chemical Guys Jetseal. I applied it on Oct 1st, and now it's starting to need a refresh. Given my car's 24/7 exposure to salt, gravel, rain and snow, and the fact that it rained 1h after I finished the job in October, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Sig pic not representative of product capabilities
    Great thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I have a few basic questions... Having a white car, any additional secrets to getting the "depth" or "wet look" you see on darker/metallic cars...?

Also, what is better about a Griots or PC buffer than my $30 orbital from Pep Boys?? Mine has lasted me close to 5 years and has done probably close to 200 wax jobs.
    I don't believe you will be getting full correction with a $30 orbital. in some cases I can't get the PC to give me what I want LOL

I really want to know which buffer and what pads, wax, etc to get
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    I really want to know which buffer and what pads, wax, etc to get
    It's kind of hard to recommend pads & polishes to get without knowing your exact situation. I imagine you'd be doing some minor-moderate correction, so I'd say a Porter Cable would suit you. I can't see you needing anything more extreme than orange pads, so I'd say to get an array of teal, pink, black & blue pads and see which works for you the best with whichever polish you pick. (I've found that menzerna products are easiest to work with for me. Ex. SI 1500, PG1000)

I've found that opti-seal works very well too. Mine has lasted me through winter so far since about October.. which is good with all the salt & DD activities. I use Chemical Guys XXX wax too but I'm sure there are many others that are better. XXX is awesome for the how inexpensive it is.

I dont need to do any correction at this time - it is more wanting something good for putting on the wax/polish and taking it off
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast