Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    How much was the tool?

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I paid around $95 with shipping.

ok.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

What does the rear differential tool do? I have seen a tool for sale to remove and replace the 3 rear diff bushings. Or do you need to disconnect the CV joint or remove the output flanges? (Saw a video showing tool for popping off output flanges was a big screwdriver.) I think the RTAB tool might work on the big bushing at the rear of the differential but would be too big for the two smaller bushings in front of the diff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    Does anyone have a rear differential tool?

I am actually not really sure. On my car #9 is shot. However while I am still down there I might as well change out the other bushings as well. Usually you have to drop the whole rear subframe to get to it. At least that's what I been told.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Yes, big rear diff bushing (#9) is famous for failing on the E46. Front ones (2x part #7) don't seem to fail as often. You do not need to remove the subframe to replace them, though you do have to remove it to replace the subframe bushings (parts 2, 4, maybe 17/19). I believe you must remove the diff. If you're only replacing #9, maybe you can drain the diff, remove cover, replace bushing, then reseal cover and refill diff. Search for DIYs to see if you can replace #9 without removing diff or diff cover.

The diff tool is for pulling the old bushing out then pushing a new one in.

I'm finished with the tool now if anyone wants it (MIS RTAB). I imagine this is a frustrating job without it! I'll rent or sell and I can post pics if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I am actually not really sure. On my car #9 is shot. However while I am still down there I might as well change out the other bushings as well. Usually you have to drop the whole rear subframe to get to it. At least that's what I been told.

Im going to be doing a replacement of #9 in the near future. Let us know how it goes and any tips or pointers you may have! Be interested to know if you can replace it without removing diff/diff cover.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

nike001 Guest
    Niart (john) has the M3 valve adjustment tools for rent for those here with E46 M3's...

I didn't know this thread existed (my fault for not searching) or I would have just rented the tool I bought from one of y'all.

I have a new MIS RTAB tool that I used for one job, would ship from Memphis, TN, or pick up if you happen to be local, paypal a deposit, return deposit less an agreed amount for "rental" when the tool comes back...

Thanks!

- 2021 Tesla Model Y LR-AWD '21-
    - 2014 CPO i01 BEV Capparis White Tera World, '17-'20
    - 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-'18 R.I.P
    - 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
    - 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast