Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Pretty sure you'd need one of these tools for the trans cooler lines....

http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-...FYpxQgodrkcALg

Since I am Getting an Automatic zhp I am very interested in how the automatics fair

Apparently they do pretty well. my car will have 78k when I get it.

Judging by this post I will have my shop change the fluids when I get it.

When service records indicate that fluids were changed do you think they mean ATF fluid as well?
    Last edited by diverse; 02-14-2014 at 12:49 PM.

BMW considers the Tranny fluid to be lifetime so probably not. Lifetime is usually the length of the factory warranty from what I've read. I bought my ZHP with 98K, did my tranny fluid at 112K and it was nasty!. I have 125K now and so far so good. Every once in a while under high rev it hesitates to shift, it did this before and after the fluid change.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Mine did what Gary's does. All the way from 114k to 170k+. Seemed to hold a gear a half second long on occasion, but it did that the whole time. With 78k, get it. Replace the fluid. If you have the time or $ replace it again 10k later ( if it concerns you) and then be happy for another 100k. (With regular 30 to 40k changes)
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I am curious to see if anyone with a Step has had any issues yet? I am coming up on 150K and no problems yet! (knock on wood)
    Adam
    Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP / STEPTRONIC
    Corsa TSE3 "Light" Exhaust / Sprint Booster with Sport Button Mod / TMS Underdrive Pulleys / Mechanical Fan Delete / KW V1s in front + Koni Sports in rear / VMR 710's / Umnitza Angel Eyes / Euro Mirrors / BMW Performance Shift Knob and E-Brake Handle / Custom Installed 2-DIN Pioneer AVH-4100NEX with Back-Up Cam

Here's my personal experience... The '01 325i that I sold to my sister-in-law made it to 196k miles without ever having a fluid change, when the front pump seal in the ZF automatic failed. It never had a single hiccup and shifted perfectly until that occurred. We luckily found a used ZF transmission (with unknown mileage) for only $300. We did a full fluid change before install and its doing great so far.

My recently purchased '04 ZHP has the GM automatic with 128k miles. I plan to do a filter and fluid change soon, and I don't have any records showing a fluid change previously. It still shifts perfectly so far...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Eric Giles
    '05 330i ZHP Imola Red/Gray Leather 6sp swap
    '05 330i ZHP Titanium Silver/Black Leather
    '87 325is Delphin Gray/Black Leather 5sp plastic bumper swap

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

No issues yet, knock on wood.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Reviving old thread. My cooler line is leaking; the one that takes atf from the tranny to the cooler. Has anyone switched out this line before? I can't seem to find any DIYs out there. If you've done it, would you say it is easy enough with the car on jack stands, or should i go rent a lift somewhere?
    Also, seems like the method of pumping new atf through the cooler lines is more of a flush than a drain and fill. Some people say flushes are bad on higher mileage trannys that havent had their atf changed. Thoughts?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Should be able to do the job with jackstands.

Also, seems like the method of pumping new atf through the cooler lines is more of a flush than a drain and fill. Some people say flushes are bad on higher mileage trannys that havent had their atf changed. Thoughts?
    That's really an old wives tale. Plus the "flush" that the tale describes is done with a high pressure machine. Not simply pumping new fluid in. Pumping in new fluid via the cooler lines is actually the best method because you can replace all of the fluid as opposed to a drain and fill which only replaces 50 to 75%.
    Last edited by Dave1027; 03-16-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Should be able to do the job with jackstands.

That's really an old wives tale. Plus the "flush" that the tale describes is done with a high pressure machine. Not simply pumping new fluid in. Pumping in new fluid via the cooler lines is actually the best method because you can replace all of the fluid as opposed to a drain and fill which only replaces 50 to 75%.
    cool bro, looks like i will be pumping through the cooler, since I will be removing the line anyway!
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast