Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Noise from passenger side when driving

So I have this weird sound. It is barely audible and only happens when in gear driving with foot on gas - starts around 2k RPM.

The sound comes from the passenger side near the engine bay from inside the car and sounds like either metal pieces sliding in each other or air hissing through a pipe/hose. Nothing at idle and nothing while driving with foot off gas.

Any ideas - wish I had a go pro to help out with the sound. I could just be super paranoid because all windows must be shut and radio/AC on low to hear the sound.

Does sound change pitch or intensity with higher rmps? Pulley?
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Does the sound go away when you turn the ac/heater fan off? Two possibilities, the fan or air in the heater core?

Can you get an iPhone video of the noise?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Ok I'll work on the video. I found out it is actually coming from the intake side of the engine bay and might actually be associated with the new AFE CAI I just installed. It only makes the sound when I barely have the throttle pressed and it goes away if I release or press throttle harder. I could try and replace with the old air box.

This sounds a bit like the lower intake boot whistle. I had this issue last year. A small crack in the lower intake boot makes a whistling noise when under light throttle (in gear). Just like what you describe, for me there was no noise at idle or with heavy throttle. Replacing the boot (which did indeed have a big crack in it) fixed the issue for me. Could this be what you're dealing with?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Maybe. Prob needs replacing soon anyways. You are pretty much describing my exact issue. Ill take a look at the boots.