Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DIY below doesn't mention tools specifically but seems to provide most of the bolt head sizes (therefore socket sizes) you'll need:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=657887

And this guy's cardboard template for keeping track of the variously sized filter housing bolts is a good idea. See that at about 17:00:

http://youtu.be/Jy0EKjuxlpY

That's a great idea.

Nice, guys! Thanks for all the help. I should be fine doing this. I just need to wait for the weather to get a bit warmer first, seeing as my garage isnt heated and im not driving the car now anyways.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Ive done this. Its tedious, but just take your time. Its a few hours if things go well and you are patient. Plan for 5 hours and you will be fine. Go slow, label everything as you remove it, even the electrical clips.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Honestly if you post two halogen lights up around you and since you have a garage it will be fine to finish the job. Your conditions are much better than what I had to deal with. I finish everything in the cold before and after Nemo. It all took roughly 15 hours but I also did a lot of other stuff under the hood as well besides the gasket. I would recommend doing the ccv if you have not done it and also flush the power steering fluid.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Also, make sure you have some good New England Stout on hand and things will go smooth

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Also, make sure you have some good New England Stout on hand and things will go smooth
    Founders Breakfast Stout <3

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Nice. The real deal.

I had a mechanic do my oil filter housing gasket when he was doing the ccv. When folks talk about the bolts going back exactly where they came from, they are right. Mine started leaking about a month after the job and my mechanic had to redo the job. I don't know if it was a bolt location issue or what... He made good on it and so far so good.

I'll definitely make sure those bolts get back on there in the correct manner.

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast