Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    I had to get the crush washer at the dealer so got the gasket there too (and the oil).

Mine busted near 76K miles (it was hard and caked on).
    Mine was plasticized and difficult to get off as well. Perhaps I just got lucky with how long it lasted?

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Mine was plasticized and difficult to get off as well. Perhaps I just got lucky with how long it lasted?
    Or PO replaced it

AFAIK mine had at least 70k on it as well... Don't have records before that.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Or PO replaced it

AFAIK mine had at least 70k on it as well... Don't have records before that.
    Very good point lol. Well mine lasted 80k then if he would have replaced at the last minute before he sold it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Mine took like 20 min just to get all the old gasket out. It kept braking and cracking as I was prying it out. It was deff time at 130k. I did mine while I was in the midst of cooling system refresh.

18x8 CSL Wheels / Trunk Lip Spoiler / Painted rear bumper trim / Painted reflectors / Clear corners / Black headlight trim / USA Spec / LED tails / 25% tint
    LED license plate lights / Rockord Fosgate upgraded speakers / Kicker Hideaway 8" subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by mLuMaN83 View Post
    Mine took like 20 min just to get all the old gasket out. It kept braking and cracking as I was prying it out. It was deff time at 130k. I did mine while I was in the midst of cooling system refresh.
    Yeah mine took probably close to that amount of time trying to ease it out with a small screwdriver took quite a bit of patience. Otherwise *snap* :banghead:

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Not sure on anyone addressing the longevity issue but in reality I didn't have a leak til close to 200k
    I spent quite a bit of time underneith the front end of my new to me zhp yesterday (for the first time). You could eat of the oil pan it's so clean down there. I was very happy to find the entire motor has zero oil leakage. The car has 94k on it.

Sorry about bragging but considering how many things are wrong with this car, it's about time I had something positive. I had been seriously thinking I made a mistake buying this money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time underneith the front end of my new to me zhp yesterday (for the first time). You could eat of the oil pan it's so clean down there. I was very happy to find the entire motor has zero oil leakage. The car has 94k on it.

Sorry about bragging but considering how many things are wrong with this car, it's about time I had something positive. I had been seriously thinking I made a mistake buying this money pit.
    That is one thing about these cars is that for the most part and just keeping up with general maintenance the motors and manual tranny are bulletproof.

'01 330i

I don't want to rain on a parade, but it might have been freshly detailed before you bought it and any evidence of an oil leak has been cleaned away.

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    I don't want to rain on a parade, but it might have been freshly detailed before you bought it and any evidence of an oil leak has been cleaned away.
    Fair point and something to think about. Best thing to do is to check undercarriage every once in a while to see if any are developing or showing face.

Last edited by BimmerWill; 02-21-2013 at 11:43 AM.

'01 330i

It's what happened to me. It was spotless under the hood when I bought it, but then I caught wind of an oil leak and it became quite noticeable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234