Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Keeping my 2001 325i

Whelp it looks like i'm keeping the 325 ()

haha

After much thought and consideration, I'm going to keep the 325. I was looking to get into a car with lower miles since I currently drive 76 miles one way to work. The car needs a little work, but I can do it all. It's the finacial part of it that has been rough. The parts might not cost much, but I'm now living with my gf and supporting her and her two kids, so money is a little tight lol

I convinced my gf that it would be better just to fix it and continue to drive it instead of selling it and buying a newer car. I really love the car and never wanted to get ride of it in the first place, so you can imagine how happy I am to be keeping it

First things first....I need a pre-cat 02 sensor. Last time I checked they
    were $250.00 from BMW. Where can I get a reliable one for a good price?

Any help from the mafia family is greatly apreciated
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Great to hear! Hadn't heard about you having to get rid of it, but its GREAT that you don't anymore. Also, had no clue that a pre-cat sensor was that expensive!

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Awesome that you are keeping it. It's very smart financially to have a high mileage car for a commuter. Buying a newer car with lower mileage and commuting it will just kill its value. My ZHP only has 60k on it, strongly considering selling it whilst I can maximize my profit from it instead of just driving the value to oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post

I'll ask some people tomorrow and see what I can find

It currently has aroun 159k miles on it and the water pump has never been replaved >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I'll ask some people tomorrow and see what I can find
    Thank you
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    Whelp it looks like i'm keeping the 325 ()

haha

After much thought and consideration, I'm going to keep the 325. I was looking to get into a car with lower miles since I currently drive 76 miles one way to work. The car needs a little work, but I can do it all. It's the finacial part of it that has been rough. The parts might not cost much, but I'm now living with my gf and supporting her and her two kids, so money is a little tight lol

I convinced my gf that it would be better just to fix it and continue to drive it instead of selling it and buying a newer car. I really love the car and never wanted to get ride of it in the first place, so you can imagine how happy I am to be keeping it

Bosch should work out for you. ~$70.00

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...er=11781742050

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...81&hg=11&fg=50
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane is correct. Since yours is an older model like mine you don't need the real expensive sensors (4 wire I believe for the newer models) you need 3 wire ones. I got two for my car not too long ago at amazon. Install is a breeze as long as you have the tool to remove them you can pick a rental kit at advance and that should take care of that one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Ensure you use the affiliate link.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Agree with DW and keep an eye on that water pump. Check for leak at the weep hole underneath the pump.

+1 on the water pump. I sold my 1999 e46 323i with 150K miles to a guy from Houston (250 miles far from here). Well, the car overheated before he made it home ! The reason ? Water pump failure.

He was cool about it, no pun intended. He didn't ask for his money back and didn't get upset.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast