Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I will be having a local BMW indie shop do a dain / fill + filter change soon. My Car is at 67k miles and is a 2005 so pretty sure it's a GM AT.
    Shop said they will either use some "universal" ATF that meets BMW standards OR a Liquimoly ATF that is compatible with Dexron-VI
    BUT they also said I can bring whatever ATF I like, as long as it meets GM trans standards...

Has anyone had any new experiences with ATF types since the last post which was a while ago? Is Maxlife still a popular choice? Any other ATFs i should be aware of?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    I will be having a local BMW indie shop do a dain / fill + filter change soon. My Car is at 67k miles and is a 2005 so pretty sure it's a GM AT.
    Shop said they will either use some "universal" ATF that meets BMW standards OR a Liquimoly ATF that is compatible with Dexron-VI
    BUT they also said I can bring whatever ATF I like, as long as it meets GM trans standards...

Has anyone had any new experiences with ATF types since the last post which was a while ago? Is Maxlife still a popular choice? Any other ATFs i should be aware of?
    I did a fluid swap about 3 years ago with this febi fluid that I found on FCP Euro (no longer available but it was SKU: FEB-32600). Seems to be working well and have had no issues since doing it. Not sure if you can find that on eBay or someplace else nowadays.

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Maxlife runs perfect in my truck but I had major cold start issues with it in my zhp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Maxlife runs perfect in my truck but I had major cold start issues with it in my zhp.
    do you mean with Maxlife ENGINE oil?
    I was asking about Maxlife ATF.....
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

do you mean with Maxlife ENGINE oil?
    I was asking about Maxlife ATF.....
    Maxlife ATF. Cold start issue was after first starting on a cold morning and putting into gear, car did not want to move. Issue was resolved by filling transmission with higher viscosity fluid. I'm currently running Pennzoil Platinum high mileage ATF. I tried many different ATFs. The Pennzoil seems to hit a sweet spot

Ah. Got it.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Maxlife ATF. Cold start issue was after first starting on a cold morning and putting into gear, car did not want to move. Issue was resolved by filling transmission with higher viscosity fluid. I'm currently running Pennzoil Platinum high mileage ATF. I tried many different ATFs. The Pennzoil seems to hit a sweet spot

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I did a fluid swap about 3 years ago with this febi fluid that I found on FCP Euro (no longer available but it was SKU: FEB-32600). Seems to be working well and have had no issues since doing it. Not sure if you can find that on eBay or someplace else nowadays.
    I was able to find a BMW factory trained indie mechanic who has a shop. Got him to do a drain / fill / filter change etc a few days ago using the same Febi fluid you mentioned. he was able to order it but it's also available to buy online. he said it's the best fluid he recommends and he did the procedure per the "book" and even sent me a video of him doing it. it wasn't cheap but his knowledge of factory procedures and flexibility and that he listened to my picky details about ATF type etc was worth it.

The factory ATF at 73k was a bit dark looking but not too bad. Magnet looked OK. No metal shavings etc.

Trans shifts very nicely (wasn't having any trouble before - just wanted peace of mind) - still in adaptation re-learning process, but the difference is pretty small right now. Need another 50 miles or so...

I was able to find a BMW factory trained indie mechanic who has a shop. Got him to do a drain / fill / filter change etc a few days ago using the same Febi fluid you mentioned. he was able to order it but it's also available to buy online. he said it's the best fluid he recommends and he did the procedure per the "book" and even sent me a video of him doing it. it wasn't cheap but his knowledge of factory procedures and flexibility and that he listened to my picky details about ATF type etc was worth it.

The factory ATF at 73k was a bit dark looking but not too bad. Magnet looked OK. No metal shavings etc.

Trans shifts very nicely (wasn't having any trouble before - just wanted peace of mind) - still in adaptation re-learning process, but the difference is pretty small right now. Need another 50 miles or so...
    Nice! Glad to know it was helpful

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Autozone.com
    Nice. Glad you got new fluid in there. Can't go wrong with the factory fill.

It's unfortunate but I think trans fluid might be the most neglected fluid in cars.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234