Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Sad Face

Giant Sad Face

So, I'm going to cut straight to the point of this. I'm just sharing my experience with my fellow ZHPers. I came home the other night and as I opened up the garage door, I saw the ZHP sitting there, so I passed with and smiled at it per my normal coming home routine. But as I moved around the passenger side toward the door to my house, I saw something terrible..

My passenger side mirror had been ripped off. Right at the hinge. Gone. I saw it hanging there by the wires; a small dent and come scuffing on my door from where it had ricocheted off of the body. Needless to say, I was bummed. Obviously, there was some type of explanation for this, as I hadn't moved the car in months. I walked around the car to see if there was any other damage, and alas...

The rear diffuser that I had JUST REPLACED was shattered into pieces, and there is a solid whack to the rear bumper...Facepalm...There are also several small scratches throughout the entire car. I walked inside pretty irate and found my dad (who I take care of due to medical issues). I asked him what happened, and of course.. He "didn't know..."

Bull.. I saw the look on his face, he was pretty scared. I calmly asked him what happened and he finally said it happened in a parking lot.

NO IT DIDN'T. I have the only key and it was on my keyring all day.

So here's the truth: He took one too many of his blood pressure meds, and tried to take the trash out. For anybody that lives in Ohio, you know that a lot of cities use those huge, green monstrosities of garbage cans that they provide for us. They look like mini-dumpsters. He fell walking passed my car, and that's when I lost the mirror. After pulling the trash cans..er...small dumpsters across the garage, he put one down, and when it sat back, it hit the bumper, shattering the diffuser. I'm not entirely sure where the scratches came from, but I'm going to request to have those panels repainted under insurance, because don't you worry, I claimed it as comprehensive damage

Moral of the story.. Uh, buy your ZHP a helmet?

What a bummer, I feel your pain, but it's hard to be mad at your dad. Poor guy was just taking the trash out.

Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Funny about catching him in the "happened in the parking lot" lie.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Only difference between my dad and your dad is that mine would have tried to fix the car with spray paint and duct tape.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

At least you get covered for it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Only difference between my dad and your dad is that mine would have tried to fix the car with spray paint and duct tape.
    LOL Keith, you are funny, and I guess your dad is a character. We could start a "What's wrong with my parents" thread.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

That's actually funny, KG.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    LOL Keith, you are funny, and I guess your dad is a character. We could start a "What's wrong with my parents" thread.
    I don't think Dane or BCS_ZHP would approve.

Dane is a young whippersnapper still, so is Bruce and all the others (including me) that are close to 50 (and beyond).

Yeah, I could definitely fill a thread.

My dad is the guy who almost burned the house down by trying to refill and use a disposable candle lighter...

then tried to deny it while I was coughing due to the smoke...

then continued to deny it when I found the pile of molten plastic smoldering in the sink... and saw the burn marks on his hand...

then topped it off a week later by mounting a fire extinguisher in the kitchen...

directly above and behind the stove... where you'd have to reach through a wall of flames to access the extinguisher.

One. Of. A. Thousand. Stories.

End of thread jack.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Dane is a young whippersnapper still..... .
    Damn skippy.

Williamsburg, VA, Droid DNA, Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast