Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member from Orange County

Hey guys my name is Andrew and I'm kind of new to BMW forums in general, (read lots of them...e46fanatics, bimmerfest, and zhpmafia of course) but never really posted anything. Anyway I'm looking forward to talking to you all and honestly just learning as much as I can. This seems like an awesome forum and I am looking forward to being a part of it. I'm currently looking at buying a ZHP (or another 3 series depending on budget...but hopefully a ZHP!) and wanted to get some advice from some really knowledgeable people. That being said I'm going to jump right in and see what you all think about these cars I've been looking at. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&seller_type=b

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ype=b&make=BMW

Welcome, Andrew. Good thing about being out in Cali is there seem to be a lot more cars to choose from out there.

Take your time and you'll find what you're looking for. What is your budget and what are your preferences?

Maintenance history is probably the most important thing to look for with these cars. A higher mileage car that was properly maintained will put you in a much better position than a lower mileage one that was ignored and might have problems brewing.

Also, are you set on an automatic or is manual trans an option?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Welcome, Andrew. Good thing about being out in Cali is there seem to be a lot more cars to choose from out there.

Take your time and you'll find what you're looking for. What is your budget and what are your preferences?

Maintenance history is probably the most important thing to look for with these cars. A higher mileage car that was properly maintained will put you in a much better position than a lower mileage one that was ignored and might have problems brewing.

Also, are you set on an automatic or is manual trans an option?
    +1. You're in the right state.
    Take a peek here http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...o-Buy-Template
    -ADAM

Welcome to The Mafia.......

Check here for possibilities also my friend...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/forum...HP-Classifieds
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Andrew, welcome to the site. You are at the right place, indeed. There is a very knowledgeable user base here.

Good luck on finding the right car. Hopefully, you'll find a ZHP.

Andrew, assuming the first car is in good shape, it's very well priced. And it is located in your neck of the woods. You should take a close look at it. Make sure there has not been any accidents.

The owner does not know what he owns, by the way. From the description:

OBO, Many different mach 3 series accessories including mach 3 rims, clean title, Looks & runs great, Low mileage, Custom wheels, Must see, Never seen snow, Non-smoker, Maintenance records available, Power everything, Runs & drives great, Very clean interior, Well maintained. have the carfax. has blue-tooth and programmable garage door opener. must see and drive. reason for selling is that the family grew and we don't fit. car is very clean and worth every penny the car does not need any work and no lights on the dash turn on.
    ---

As we all know, there are no "mach" parts on our cars. Additionally, I did not see the words ZHP or performance package anywhere in the ad.

The seller says that he has a clean carfax. I don't trust carfax for picking up accidents. I like AutoCheck a lot better. Plus, unlike Carfax, AutoCheck has an unlimited plan (check as many cars as you want for a month).

Because I think the price is on the lower side for the first car, I'd be extra careful when inspecting the car. Plus, given that the owner is throwing words like "mach" around, I am on heightened alert. You'd think that most BMW owners know what the "M" stands for. In all of my years in the BMW community, I have never heard anyone (newbie or not) say that the M stood for mach.

Be careful out there; it's a jungle.

Welcome. Hopefully your new car is a ZHP.

But if its not...we still welcome your company and knowledge here...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

welcome to the site!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast