Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My daily commute is only about 4-5 miles to work there and back, but i go to the gym which is like 20 miles each way 3-4 times a week. guess i'll need to take some long road trips when it gets cold outisde.

I think I ask this in every thread about CCVs, but isn't there a "cold weather" CCV available, to help prevent these kinds of quick failure when in cold areas?

I could theorize a few different causes, mostly related to temperature/ improper installation. Ultimately, I hate it happened, but I'm thankful it was just the CCV and not something more catastrophic. Hopefully you didn't ruin your catalytic converter in the process.

I did have the Cold weather CCV installed in my car last time, hopefully it'll last longer this time, the mech who works on my car works at the local bmw dealer as well, so he has experience in this. If cats go, then i'll go catless and run sims.

The cold weather ccv is simply the same ccv with a piece of insulation material over it, iirc.

My understanding is that it does very little for you if the car is sitting in cold temps and only driven for short drives.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    The cold weather ccv is simply the same ccv with a piece of insulation material over it, iirc.

My understanding is that it does very little for you if the car is sitting in cold temps and only driven for short drives.
    What is considered "cold"? I haven't driven the zhp since I got pulled for tint... smh

lots of smoke and oil leak

what color is the smoke - white, blueish or blackish?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    What is considered "cold"? I haven't driven the zhp since I got pulled for tint... smh
    40s is cold IMO, that's when cold temp issues start from my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    what color is the smoke - white, blueish or blackish?

40s is cold IMO, that's when cold temp issues start from my experience
    Good to know, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12