Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

US Mill Works Tow Hook Licence Plate Bracket

I got my US Mill Works LPB today in the mail. It came in a postage envelope which caught me off guard. Once opening the package, I was greeted by a well packaged, well thought out, engineering marvel. I love the way this bracket was designed and being an engineer, really appreciate the thought that was put into the materials, operation and overall design of the unit.

COST: $75.00

TIME TO INSTALL: 15 minutes

Bracket allows for a nice "parallel to bumper" fit. Fit and finish is 10/10 and overwhelms the Gominigo bracket.

Packaged.

Un-packaged with exception of small hardware pouch.

Various mounting holes are tapered to provide for flexibility of mounting position and a nice flush fit.

Various hardware. Not all is used. I did not use the spacers (washers). I used the four black license plate hex screws and four tapered flush fit mounting screws. That's it.

I decided to go with the mid position initially, but may relocate in the future.

Top view, parallel to bumper. Swivel in action.

Side view, looking from drivers side.

Overall pic, with mount installed.

Overall pic, with plate attached.

Just need to fix the gap in my trim.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks great Dane. I think I might trade in my bracket for this one. The only thing I don't like about the gominigo bracket is how much of a pain it is to take on and off. Without bending the metal bracket you can't take it off without scratching yup your paint on the bumper. Does this bracket have the same problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

You need to take license plate off, then loosen swivel to remove. Video below will give you an idea.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane. Better than the other options?

I was waiting for a friend to throw his on, but he hasn't yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Looks great, Dane.

Parts look well thought out and engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Dane. Better than the other options?

I was waiting for a friend to throw his on, but he hasn't yet

Yeah Kyle. You will appreciate the design and materials. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    Looks great, Dane.

Parts look well thought out and engineered.
    Thanks Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yeah Kyle. You will appreciate the design and materials. Seriously.

Thanks Dave.
    Good deal.

That ball and joint both metal?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Dang I want this. Is it a PITA to get the license plate level? Its pretty tough with the gominigo bracket

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Good deal.

That ball and joint both metal?

Some type of composite I believe. I think he mentions it in video.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Some type of composite I believe. I think he mentions it in video.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Gotcha, looks very impressive. Placed an order.

Thanks Dane for the time and pictures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast