Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Plasti dip interior trim carbon fiber

I ran across this video tonight and thought I would see your all's opinion on the concept. I know some people like plasti dip and some don't. I personally havent had any experience with it but have heard generally good things about it from people who have it.

Now onto what I'm thinking. I tried to do a simply vinyl wrap before with piano black with some not so great results. I ended up with a lot bubbles (which may be due to the type that I was using) that no matter how hard I tried could not get them out. I really like the cube trim on the ZHP but can't afford it so I thought I would see how this would turn out and if it didn't work is "easily" removable if I don't end up liking it. I would love to see some high res pictures of this but I figure if it doesn't turn out great I can take it off no harm no foul and won't waste a whole lot of money and would be cheaper then buying vinyl without as much effort installing.

Opinions?

'01 330i

nike001 Guest
    This ended up better than expected.

Fonzie needs to get some god damn bigger shirts. Why does he wear those small tight ones? To make his arms look bigger?

I think that is exactly why he wears them. I think he must do some curls as well before they film.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Plastidip is a bloody miracle.

Haha I did snicker a little bit about his shirt but tried to focus on the plastic dip. So we thinking its worth a shot? Do I really need to buy a special cleaner before applying the dip? Anyone had experience with this stuff personally?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

I love it. I think that's pretty bad ass. It doesn't look exactly like carbon fiber, but it looks like all the replicas. And it's easily removed when/if you get tired of it.

I say go for it! PlastiDip is really easy to use, I've only worked with the black, but they all look to be used with the same techniques. Before applying any paint, wipe the surface down with alcohol. (not liquor alcohol, denatured alcohol)

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I love it. I think that's pretty bad ass. It doesn't look exactly like carbon fiber, but it looks like all the replicas. And it's easily removed when/if you get tired of it.

I say go for it! PlastiDip is really easy to use, I've only worked with the black, but they all look to be used with the same techniques. Before applying any paint, wipe the surface down with alcohol. (not liquor alcohol, denatured alcohol)
    Thanks for the tip! Ill save the drinking alcohol for afterward :beer:

Any recommendations as to where I should pick some plasti dip up? Not sure many places will have more than just regular black. Granted I haven't been looking for it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

I've not done the CF plastidip, but my winter wheels are coated with the stuff. I love it.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

I've seen different types of PlastiDip at Home Depot, but I'm not sure if they'll have the metalizer or glossifier. Might try a google search, or give your local HD a call.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post

Link doesn't work..^

http://youtu.be/7N5N-AYaENI
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast