Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nike001 Guest
    What's your average mileage on a set, DW? I know you rack up the miles fairly quickly..

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    What's your average mileage on a set, DW? I know you rack up the miles fairly quickly..
    I'm lucky to get 30k miles out of a set. Tires change outs once per year.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    Wow. Highway miles?!

I just calculated I have almost 8k on my hankook V12's and they're looking good... but only on the front. My rears were toast a couple thousand miles ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Wow. Highway miles?!

I just calculated I have almost 8k on my hankook V12's and they're looking good... but only on the front. My rears were toast a couple thousand miles ago.
    So you got 6k miles outta the rears?

I can't have that.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I agree with Dane... There are many other logical and very competent choices for tires aside from the Michelin PSS... We all know they're the "ultimate" tire but in reality, is it necessary? I live in a location where summer tires are the only tire needed, and I still can't justify that kind of money on tires. Dane, go with what you think is best and fits the budget.

In for a review as this may be a more wallet friendly alternative to those not wanting to get into the PSS. For a budget friendly summer tire, I also recommend my purchase, the Yokohama S-Drives (gasp! a Japanese tire on a German car?!?!.... yes)

2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Dane those tires look freakin' sweet. Another reason for me to love Michelin. I'm still in love with my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires that I had put on back in November. Curious to see what you think of the new Michelins.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Dane those tires look freakin' sweet. Another reason for me to love Michelin. I'm still in love with my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires that I had put on back in November. Curious to see what you think of the new Michelins.
    So.... Your Diggin the A/S's.

I was considering those as well.

8k out of V12s???? no way unless you are burning out every stop light you hit. those should last 25k easily based on their treadwear rating.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    8k out of V12s???? no way unless you are burning out every stop light you hit. those should last 25k easily based on their treadwear rating.
    Dalton....
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

nike001 Guest
    TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Yep. I don't do burnouts either. But I do partake in travel on long sweeping turns going and coming from home & work/class. It's like a mountain highway where travel is usually 60mph, but I sometimes travel a bit beyond that speed for smiles. My roads aren't straight city or straight highways. Very rural with many many country roads, and I don't drive like an old man either. These tires aren't babied..

My fronts are doing well though. But for 280 treadwear.. that doesn't seem like a lot for the mileage you said they should last since my previous Pirelli's were 220 and all four were gone by 7,000mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Dalton....
    Nothing wrong here! Some shenanigans every once in a while, but nothing spectacular. Just my roads I guess...

I got almost 7K out of a complete set of Pirellis before these

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast