Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help Meee

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post

I've done many a research on wheel fitment, because I was trying to figure out any way possible to make 9.5" ET35 fit in the rear of my car without having to stretch, camber, and roll/pull fenders. I didn't find any way.

(The 9.5"ET35 wheel I was set on was the concave APEX ARC-8, since the lesser widths/offsets didn't come in concave)
    you can, just don't lower the car at all. or actually raise it up a little lol that's the only way i know how that will put a checkmark in all those conditions :

Quote Originally Posted by Junior2552 View Post
    Jesus, that's outrageous. Haha. I love it, I actually started looking for wagons the day I saw yours.

Stupid question, but is there a difference in wheel-well depth between sedans and coupes/verts? I know BMW like the back of my hand having built my fair share of M5x motors and such, but I wonder if the sedans fit a wider wheel? I only ever see sedans running crazy wheels.
    i think the coupe can fit wider wheels. it's just the sedan owners tend to be cheap (i only know of few sedan owners that actually do things right lol) and like doing stance more.

you can fit 18x9.5 et35. just with rolling the fenders (maybe a slight pull) and cutting the fender area where it meets the bumper. but the front (assuming that you wanted to run squared) is going to rub on hard u-turns regardless of what you do to the fenders in the front. i drive my car somewhat hard, and it's been fine. i just can't go too fast on dips. rubs in the front.

Thanks Sillie. I'll have to weigh the options a little. I'm a little torn if you couldnt tell. Dane, do you have pics of said vert on et22s?

He's a member here. Hang tight.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...nner-tire-well.....

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hmmmmm. That looks like a happy medium. Thanks for the info, Dane!

looking at the rubbing in the front fender liners...the offset is wrong and/or the tires are too large...My guess, different size or brand of tire (tire shapes are NOT the same from brand to brand even on identical size/specs) and the numerically low offset is allowing the outer edge to come into contact when turning (left wheel outer edge rubs when turning right and vice-versa)
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    looking at the rubbing in the front fender liners...the offset is wrong and/or the tires are too large...My guess, different size or brand of tire (tire shapes are NOT the same from brand to brand even on identical size/specs) and the numerically low offset is allowing the outer edge to come into contact when turning (left wheel outer edge rubs when turning right and vice-versa)
    Yeah, I know. I measured from the wheel to the edge of the fender and I had about 18mm, I was accounting for a fender roll. The inside of the fender is more like 12mm until the wheel hits. I think the 8.5 et35 might be the safest bet here.

Hey guys,
    Update: I talked to Raderwerks a little bit and ended up ordering their C8 wheel in an 18x9 et35 square set up. Only a half inch wider, and the same offset; that should be a happy medium, don't you think?! I'll post up pictures when they get here!

http://raderwerks.com/product/c-8-ms

Should be good.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Kind of digging these....In addition to the ones you got.

The top ones are Miro 111's. After I saw them on the car, they looked a little...cartooney. The spokes are too thick and they look stubby in an 18. I'm content with my choice. I lost a few pounds on all four corners and got a good looking wheel. I actually looked at ALL of the choices you posted. I had a hard time deciding. The M-Tens are a big seller in the VW community. I actually haven't seen any C8s (my wheel) on any BMWs yet. I'll be excited to see if there are any in SOWO or H2O this year.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345