Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1 on Hankook Ventus V12 Evos. I really like them for street use. I was a big Kumho fan for 10+ years, but the XS is awful. Hankook is my new favorite cheap street tire. For my next set, I might quit being a cheapass and try a set of PSSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    +1 on Hankook Ventus V12 Evos. I really like them for street use. I was a big Kumho fan for 10+ years, but the XS is awful. Hankook is my new favorite cheap street tire. For my next set, I might quit being a cheapass and try a set of PSSs.
    Or try the Dunlop Z2s. Awesome high performance summer tire that will out perform the PSS any day of the week

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    In all reality, are you going to push the tire or just go back and forth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The car is driven spiritedly on long back roads all the time. I am not going to the track with it though.

Ventus seem to be quite popular. I'm on my 3rd season using Continental DW's after the winters come off. I have probably put about 20K miles on those tires and they perform awesome. When i put my DW's to 95% of their grip passengers have long said a four letter word to describe the handling. LOL. The tread looks similar to the pilot sport so they are very quiet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Or try the Dunlop Z2s. Awesome high performance summer tire that will out perform the PSS any day of the week
    but those are $20 more than the Super Sports each, I thought he was trying to find a good tire but still spend a bit less

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    but those are $20 more than the Super Sports each, I thought he was trying to find a good tire but still spend a bit less
    Yeah. This is exactly what I am looking for.

And V12s are quite a bit cheaper. Will look into them more.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Gotcha. I didn't realize the prices for PSS. I was thinking of PS2s for some odd reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

The hankook V12's are not a bad tire for the price and like your 7 my X5 eats tires. Im in the auto industry and sell many different types of tires and I second Dane's comment about about the Hankook's. Another good one is the Continental DWS, cheap and wear excellent on the BMW's, I've already gotten 18k out of the ones on my truck and they still have 8/32ns of tread and come with a 1 yr road hazard warranty from Continental. Hankook V12's would be my first recommendation and I've used them on multiple cars. I would tell you about Michelins but looks like you already know, tho I liked the Michelins on my X5, they are 315's in the rear they don't last more than 15k miles and for the money its just not worth it. Try the hankooks, I really don't think you'll be dissapointed.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Carl said that if he was to run the staggered set on his wife's 750iL, he would just buy the PSS' and call it a day. He said the newest version of the 265's apparently has amazing lifespan despite the high performance nature of the tire. He's currently running the rare OE 16's from the V12, so he has a hard time finding quality tires in that size and wishes there was a PSS that fit those wheels.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Tires get chewed up on SUVs and all other cars because of the toe setting. BMW loves to run massive toe in.

I run -1/16th of an inch and have been wearing perfectly fine (about 20k miles on my DD tires nearing replacement after this season - Toyo T1Rs). IIRC Toe setting on my car wants like -1/8th or 3/16th

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast