Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Another Canadian, soon to be owner (I hope!)

Hello all,

I'm a long time BMW enthusiast and have owned/modded a few for almost a decade now. Toronto native, going to be living in ORD for almost a year so I've been researching fun yet reliable daily drivers and a ZHP coupe is at the top of my list

I joined this forum because lots of leads on ZHPs for sale are posted in the Classifieds. Very helpful resource to have in this search. Looking to buy a car by the summer so I am in no rush. I recognize some of you from other forums such as BF.C/Maxbimmer/E46F/M5Board, maybe you do as well

Here's my previous E36 and E46:

This thing went from bone stock and automatic, to a 5spd back in 2006. PSS9s, BBS CH, full OEM M3 bodykit were the other highlights.

Yes, that's a custom DIY dyed Coral Red interior. Took me almost 50hours of labor to convert it from the stock black montana leather!

This car also started out relatively stock. I went nuts with it: 16 sets of wheels in two years, full OEM Mtech2 kit w/ Euro bumper, PSS10s, full M3 rear drivetrain conversion with 3.62LSD, 5spd to 6spd conversion, etc etc.

This fall, I learned my lesson to simply buy what I want to begin with instead of trying to make it into what I want: enter the E39 M5.

She's stock - for now Custom coilovers are on order, and custom wheels are being built. Exhaust work to be done as soon as she's out of winter storage. That's as far as I'll go there. Such a rare specimen (1 of 126 in Imola on Imola Sport Extended leather!) need not be changed much.

As you can tell, I'm a full on BMW addict. I love driving these incredible machines, and I love personalizing them to my tastes. Ideally, an Imola ZHP 330Ci would be a great stable mate, but I am loving Mystic Blue as well. The reason I love the ZHP out of most modern, yet affordable BMWs is because they are simply gorgeous to look at AND a blast to drive. The only thing I'd change is the diff on a daly driver ZHP. They are really the best alternative 3 series to an E46 M3 in my opinion.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to Marcus for the approval. There are some beautiful rides on this board, I hope I can join the ranks soon enough!
    Last edited by ASB9987; 03-14-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Welcome. Nice cars. GL with your search.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome to the Family !

Welcome....
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Welcome.

Welcome to the Mafia.

Welcome indeed, from a fellow Canadian member.

Welcome.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Welcome.

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Euro Coupe M-Tech2 bumper...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast