Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    and it depends on if you are getting xenons, or bi-xenons. are they OEM or DEPO? xenons would need error cancelling ballasts, but bi-xenons (oem) should be able to be programmed.
    Incorrect. Using BMW Scanner you can code the car for xenon or bixenon and will not need error canceling anything with either. However this comes with a warning. If you get Bixenon headlights you will need to WIRE the car for bixenon as well as program it. Simply buying bixenon headlights and coding the car for bixenon will not get you the bixenon functionality. Also doing so will result in a loss of high beams if you do not wire the car for it.

So make sure you know what headlights you are getting (most likely bixenon if oem) and if you want the bixenon functionality you will have to wire them as well as code them. Or you can just plug everything in, code the car as xenon and still use the inner halogen bulbs for your highs.

Spooner. Unless something has changed, i respectfully disagree. I researched this tremendously when i bought the depos for my zhp. (Editt: this was three years ago, so things could have changed) I had oem bixenon zkw. I put in depos, which are xenon. I went to bmw in multiple locations. I was told, then confirmed, that a car can not be coded to xenon. It was either halogen or bixenon. Something about the car did not have the option to be coded to xenon as xenon was never an option on a 2004 MY car. Maybe the difference lies in the fact that he is starting with halogens? Or coding has changed? Im interested in knowing if someone figured this out since i have done it. I basically lost high beam function by having bi xenon coding with xenon lights. BUT that, i know, can be coded out so that high beams can be the inner beams. Bp was going to do that for me before i sold the car. It would not be coded for "xenon" at that point, but it would be a work around of sorts.

Maybe we are disagreeing about semantics at this point.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

As I stated, its an available feature to code using BMW scanner 1.4.0 I used that when I did the projector/hid retrofit on my car. I went from halogen to xenon and then I used BMW scanner to program my car for xenon. This kept my normal highbeams and disabled the cold checks on the HID's to keep fault codes out (kept the hot checks).

Here is a screen shot of the page where you can see the xenon and bixenon options.

I know depending on the year and the model of LCM that's installed on the car, not all features are available. But your car is an 04 and mine is an 05 so it should be similar if not the same.

Here is my DIY to get you started.
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...es-to-your-car.

Damnit. This would have helped me years ago. Thanks for clearing that up spooner. This probably falls under the "some dealers are idiots" category too.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Bah, I wouldn't go that far. Could be they tech just didn't know, or because after a certain year they were either bixenon or halogen (no longer just xenon) that they wouldn't even think of doing just xenon. Or perhaps they had a rule, who knows. However, now that you know, you can get your high beams back.

I'll settle this once and for all by going down to my car, firing up PASoft, and changing it to Xenon (from bi-). I'll test it tonight since high beams is a one-shot deal for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

If anyone need a pa soft I got one which you all can use. Pay for shipping and ill let you rent it. Or just send 35 and you can have it

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

I couldn't try this last night because my high beams were acting up again. Shutters didn't even bother opening this time around without any coding so I wouldn't have been able to test it. I'm getting sick of my high beam shutters having any input on whether they're going to work for me at any given time.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I couldn't try this last night because my high beams were acting up again. Shutters didn't even bother opening this time around without any coding so I wouldn't have been able to test it. I'm getting sick of my high beam shutters having any input on whether they're going to work for me at any given time.

Speaking of shudders, I will be wiring mine up some time this spring/summer and gain 4 full high beams Then when I get brave enough to mess with ncs expert I'll be adding the fogs to the lineup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12