Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the vid! The shop I had my car at was pretty sure the valve should be in good shape, he just said "you've got a massive leak at that o-ring", so hopefully the mac-daddy o-ring from GAS is all I need. However, if the valve is wonky, I'll likely go ahead and get the rebuild kit then from GAS as I've heard nothing but good things about it.

No Problem. Hopefully that does the trick, remember to apply some lube to the oring.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Any recommendations on the grease to use? GAS site just says to use the supplied "synthetic grease", I figured I could use something similar at a local parts store, but want to make sure I do not get something that might be corrosive to it.

DISA O-ring DIY by jreyes19

Ya that is good, or any Teflon based lube. I lubed mine a year ago when I did the GAS kit. I removed it the other day and was suprised how hard it was to get out. The oring was still good, luckily I did lube it otherwise it would of been a beouch to remove.

I can't view the video right now, but I imagine all that I need to remove is the air intake plumbing, just for access to the two screws, right?

Yes. Air box and the first intake tube. Then the 2 screws and electrical plug. Just hold everything out of the way and pull the DISA out. It's kinda snug but it will come out.

If you are going to pull the Disa, my advice is to definitely get the GAS kit.

It's basically a redesign which fixes the shortcomings of the stock disa in three different aspects. First it upgrades the valve flapper from plastic to aircraft grade aluminum. 2nd, it has a completely different method for the pivot rod, one that is impossible for it to come loose and get sucked into the intake! 3rd, the sealing o-ring is upgraded to a thicker more heavy duty one.

X2...

What is the time frame that these usually fail? Mine is an 01, and from what I can tell was never replaced. Will they all sooner or later fail? Am I past the usual fail point? For now, I only have just the gasket coming, and will go ahead and just replace only that. If it's simple enough, then I may go ahead and order the refresh kit just preemptively.

DISA O-ring DIY by jreyes19

When I started researching this issue the failure rate was unpredictable. Some guys have 150K on their stock DISA and NO problems. Others have reported failures at 80K. I didn't have any issues with mine I just wanted the piece of mind that it would come apart and get sucked into the engine. The GAS DISA kit for $85 gave me that and the car runs better. Apparently the previous owner had issues with the oring on the DISA sucking air and decided to use forma gasket to seal it. I almost couldn't get it off. If money allows I would do it. Pretty simple upgrade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast