Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E46 OS Giken Super Lock Limited Slip Differential Unit

Is anyone here currently running with this?

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...tial-unit.aspx

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I am interested in knowing as well especially since it does not work on (3.07, 2.93 or any ratios lower than 3.15) which is the ZHP.

Turner used it with a 3.64 final drive on their ZHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    I am interested in knowing as well especially since it does not work on (3.07, 2.93 or any ratios lower than 3.15) which is the ZHP.

Turner used it with a 3.64 final drive on their ZHP.
    Right. That's for auto....but they used it in 6 speed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

For that kind of money, why not swap in a E46 M3 subframe and 3.64 LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Right. Just asking if anyone has this.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Right. That's for auto....but they used it in 6 speed.
    It would be nice to run a 3.46 final drive and this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    In the end, clutch type based lsd units are preferred since they have a fixed preload on the clutch pack and therefore a fixed amount of slip. The e46 M3 unit is fairly similar to a Torsen diff and is variable.

i wanted that too. i think in my research there were guys running it on e46fanatics. then there were a bunch of hpf owners that swapped out their m3 diffs for it.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Right. Just asking if anyone has this.
    Got it.

I have the OS Giken superlock in my 135, had it installed over last weekend. I got the car back and its one HELL of a difference mine is also 3.07

I was going to go with a quaife, but as I listened to the man at VAC Motorsports talk about how it won't help wheel lift situations, I decided to spend the extra and get the OS-G. My driveway is built funny and I lift the right rear wheel pulling in and my car gets stuck or spins the wheel, so I wanted that to be rectified when changing out the dif. There have also been on-track situations where you get wheel lift, so going with the quaife unit wouldn't suit me properly.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    I have the OS Giken superlock in my 135, had it installed over last weekend. I got the car back and its one HELL of a difference mine is also 3.07

I was going to go with a quaife, but as I listened to the man at VAC Motorsports talk about how it won't help wheel lift situations, I decided to spend the extra and get the OS-G. My driveway is built funny and I lift the right rear wheel pulling in and my car gets stuck or spins the wheel, so I wanted that to be rectified when changing out the dif. There have also been on-track situations where you get wheel lift, so going with the quaife unit wouldn't suit me properly.
    The '08 doesn't have the welded diff does it? IIRC the 09+ 1 series have a welded diff and only VAC Motorsports or similar can do the work.

As well, you don't even need wheel lift. As long as you get weight transfer enough you'll start spinning wheels.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast