Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    My guess as to why the bad feelings would be that they seem to snatch up all the good, low mileage, fairly priced E46s and then add thousands of dollars mark up just a few days later. When they are scouring the internet all day/every day searching for these cars, regular people who work 9-5 and search for cars in the evenings hardly have a chance to get these cars. If they do want the car, they then have to go to EAG and pay them 5G more for the privilage of buying it from them when it was listed for 5G less just a few days ago.

It is what it is, but I am thankful that did not happen to me.
    That's my only issue. They beat me to it. Well actually, I was waiting on the sales guy to call me back to put a deposit on it and get it PPI'd at the Bimmer dealer across the street...I finally called him and he said it was sold. Otherwise, EAG gets what the market bears.

If you guys really want to see the sh*tstorm about EAG, have a peek at M3Forum or M5Board.

In a way, enthusiast forums like these make their life ridiculously easy. We find clean, rare examples and post them here for other enthusiasts, and they quickly poach the cars.

I would LOVE to see what work they supposedly did to mark up that car 6K.

Anyone I know who's dealt with them has been happy with the experience.

There's a market out there for expensive cars that don't have problems. Plenty of buyers have been burned by disastrous repair bills. Then piled on by the significant other in the realm of "I told you so." Easier to pay more up front and avoid the flak from all sides.

Which isn't the philosophy most of us here have but then again we have made it essentially our 2nd job to learn and get dirty.

Having bought my ZHP at EAG a few months ago, I can affirm some statements here regarding the high quality (whether perceived or otherwise) EAG offers. I do acknowledge I paid a dealer markup (and wrestled mightily with the thought of going to a dealer), but in my case, having looked at dozens of others it wasn't "much more" than similar mileage/spec'd that I'd seen privately - and it turned out to be a country mile ahead in terms of all around condition. If I had a $10-12k car that needed ~$3k of work (including labor) I broke quite even and also bought some peace of mind.

However, in this case, I completely think the anger is justified: ~30% markup on what looks like little to no additional work and adding the fact that the good looking spare rims/tires/wheel covers that were originally advertised have also gone missing is a s**t move.

But, it's a fair market out there and they beat everyone to the punch so you can't help but be jealous of them. Getting paid to look around for good deals all day to turn a profit sounds like a great job to me!

'04 ZHP - Orient Blue, 6spd, Alcantara

I like the free market. There was a market dislocation on this vehicle. If all information was known, the seller would not have sold it for $12,000. EAG realized the market dislocation. It snapped up a bargain. It then turned around and marked the price up to what the market would bear. Given that it sold in less than a week, EAG may have even left a little money on the table as well.

Back in the day, before I knew much about EAG, I used to be one of those guys who talked smack about them. Over the years, though, I have come to respect the way they do business. I know someone who bought an E39 M5 from them. The guy, after three weeks, didn't want the car any longer. EAG bought it back from the customer, no questions asked. EAG arranged for freight both ways (though the buyer did pay for it).

Their business is also good for current sellers and ZHP owners. By taking off the cheapest buys and inflating the prices they are actually increasing our car's worth in a way.
    Fuelly

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I like the free market. There was a market dislocation on this vehicle. If all information was known, the seller would not have sold it for $12,000. EAG realized the market dislocation. It snapped up a bargain. It then turned around and marked the price up to what the market would bear. Given that it sold in less than a week, EAG may have even left a little money on the table as well.

Back in the day, before I knew much about EAG, I used to be one of those guys who talked smack about them. Over the years, though, I have come to respect the way they do business. I know someone who bought an E39 M5 from them. The guy, after three weeks, didn't want the car any longer. EAG bought it back from the customer, no questions asked. EAG arranged for freight both ways (though the buyer did pay for it).
    Thank you Marcus.

We work hard to earn our reputation with every car that bears our name.

I think our clients will speak clearly as to how we run our business and the level of quality we consistly deliver. This ZHP left with a $3,900 work order to ensure it met our quality control standards in every way. The new owner was elated with the car - that is a win-win in our book.

Evening,

I'm the buyer of the Oxford Green ZHP from EAG. This is my first BMW, but I've been trying to find the right one for over 3 years.

I had come across this thread before it turned a little "less positive". I thought I would shed some light on my experience at EAG. I've not done business with EAG before and went in with no real expectations over previous car buying experiences.

First, they held the car for me even when people were calling all morning about it. And even though they had no deposit or signed purchase agreement from me. One guy asked them to pass along his info to me with an offer for $2000 over my cost. They could have easily taken that deal before I signed anything, but didn't.

Second, they did do work on the car: a couple dings in the body that they repaired (one that could not be PDR'd and was filled/sprayed) as well as some bad curb rash on the front skirt. They also replaced the water pump, thermostat, and FCA bushings. Yes, the extra wheels aren't there, but frankly I would rather have a water pump...

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I thought they should know a bit more before they judge. The guys at EAG made a believer out of me and that is no easy task.

And the fact that someone wanted to pay $2000 over what you paid indicates that my hunch was correct. EAG left a little on the table.

Sent from my ZHPMafia.com iPhone

Yeah, I still have the post-it with his info around here somewhere (sorry Harold, I'm not selling ).
    Last edited by Lost_One; 04-13-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Found the note, it's Harold not Howard hehe

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast