Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on this 04 330i?

Need your collective advice. I may have tracked down the car I am looking for near Charlotte, NC. Seems like a nice guy to deal with. Prompt on emails and we spoke for about 15-20 min. He also just sold an M Coupe. This is his 4th BMW. He is looking for another M. Recommend a PPI? He actually suggested he’d take it in if I wanted him to –shop of my choice. (I’ve made a few edits below based on things he told me) Appears it needs some PDR on the dents, possibly H2O pump and tensioners. I value your opinions. Reasonable price for this mileage given the maintenance?

$13k OBO
    2004 330i ZHP
    Build date is 03/04
    VIN: WBAEV53424KM06873
    100,500 miles- my DD though
    6 speed manual
    Imola/Alacantara- all the interior was re-wrapped by BMW around 45k
    Cold Weather package (heated seats, headlamp washers)
    H/K Sound
    OEM Aux input -located in the glove box
    Carbon fiber wrapped trim (over previous owner's red painted trim)
    (Non-smoker)
    (3rd owner- Have all maintenance records from dealer and previous owner. I bought it at ~67k miles, 2 years ago. Car has been registered in VA, SC and NC.)

Maintenance:
    -New cross drilled/slotted rotors and pad- about 12k on them
    - New front axle wheel bearings both sides - about 12k
    -Powerflex FCABs within 15k
    -I have Powerflex RTABs but they are not installed
    -Tranny and diff fluid changed with in the last 12k
    -Oil changed within the last k and changed at least every 7.5k with Mobil 1
    -Recent alignment and rotation.
    -Cabin and air filter changed in the last 1k
    -New tires all around within the last 9k (Nitto)
    -Just did the Inspection II with new spark plugs, wires and valve cover gasket
    -Replaced expansion tank, coolant and new belts at 100k (one tensioners was also replaces, but not water pump)

Mods:
    -LED tail lights
    -Clear Corners
    -Clear side markers
    -OEM BMW Performance SSK- (pictures are pre-install)
    -3.38 diff vs. factory 3.07
    -Square wheel set up- running 255/35 18s all around
    -12.5mm wheels spacers on the rear
    -The wheels have been plasti dipped black- I bought it that way and have yet to change it

Disclosure:
    -Car has a clean title and car fax
    -Car has 3 minor dents that I know of, 2 on the driver's side rear door (both from my 5 year old) and one on the passenger's rear quarter
    -I also had a piece of tire tread thrown up at the car while driving down the interstate. The damage entails a new bumper, new fogs, new ambient temp. sensor, new wheel well shield. Repaired and bumper and hood resprayed. (Pics from before and after)
    -Broken clip on dash trim near glovebox
    -CF wrap near e-brake peeling/bubbling a bit

I hope this link works:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p12nxwbjg5xn8th/qU8sMflHTe

He's had it listed for a few months. (in which he has been slowly dropping the price) I think that's fair for the mileage and maintenance. That's a little under what I want to sell mine for.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Do the sedans hold their value better than coupes? I assume so because the zhp sedan is the best E46 sedan made where the zhp coupe is second best (to the M3). I am just wondering because I sold my car for $12,000 with 111 on the clock and it was an 04 coupe back in July 2012. I could not get a dime more out of it.

2007 Interlagos Blue BMW M5 SMG
    Eibach Springs, 12mm Spacers, Dinan Exhaust, Res Delete, Stage 3 AEM CAI, Eurocharged Tune, 35% tints.

Quote Originally Posted by Torxuvin View Post
    He's had it listed for a few months. (in which he has been slowly dropping the price) I think that's fair for the mileage and maintenance. That's a little under what I want to sell mine for.
    Thanks. He said he was not in a hurry to sell since he sold his M coupe and is slowly looking for an M replacement. This is his DD.

If anything I think sedans have the practicality advantage over the coupe. I hardly ever carry people in the back, but I like having the rear doors anyway.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    If anything I think sedans have the practicality advantage over the coupe. I hardly ever carry people in the back, but I like having the rear doors anyway.
    Agree. One of the reasons my 20 YO son wanted to sell his 330Ci and wants a sedan.
    Last edited by ELCID86; 03-27-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Back to the original question... any other thoughts on the car?

Yeah, we tend to be an "off topic" kinda group. I don't pay close attention to prices but the car itself seems well taken care of maintenance-wise and worth it. If others say the price is fair, it's certainly worth a closer look. That could be some pricey dent fixing though, it will be interesting to see what it takes to fix that.
    Last edited by johnrando; 03-28-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Yeah, we tend to be an "off topic" kinda group.
    :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    That could be some pricey dent fixing though, it will be interesting to see what it takes to fix that.
    Good point. I guess I could try to get a local PDR shop look at it. I think the driver's side back door window trim would need replacing for sure.

nike001 Guest
    Story on SES light & wrapped trim? Is it cube under there or did he sell off his cube and just wrap some crappy wood trim? I'd personally try for a lower price because IMO.. cube is a special ZHP thing. Much better than wooden trim Di-noc wrapped.

Are the pictures in the dark from the previous seller? Seems like the bumper has been resprayed in the pics taken in daylight. Or are the daylight pictures the older ones?

But, I figure a front bumper respray, new foglights, possible hood respray, fog light trims.. if all of that hasn't been done; new shift boot, remove/replace wrapped pieces (steering wheel, cupholders/ebrake surround), coby wheel re-wrap, whatever work fixes the SES light, remove plasti-dipped wheels, remove tinted corners, address dents, address the probably burnt ZKWs and you should be alright. I'm nitpicking though, but you asked us about the car so I'm assuming you want this type of answer.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Agree. One of the reasons my 20 YO son wanted to sell his 330Ci and wants a sedan.
    I was 19 when I was shopping for my ZHP (21 now), and I didn't even look at the coupes. The sedans just look so much better than the coupes do IMO, they look scrawny because of their bigger brother, the M3, with it's larger fenders and such.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast