Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Taillight Warning Light on Dash

All,

I seem to have an intermittent dash light(s) indicating that one or both of my taillights are out. I've checked the tails and my brake lights all seem fine. The indicator warning light comes and goes and I would like to fix the issue, but do not know where to start. Could it be the trunk loom/cables? What could be triggering this?
    Fuelly

There was a recall on the taillight bulb panels for our cars. They short which causes the light. Also since there are so many brake light bulbs, one bulb may be out and it's causing the light even though the taillights still light up. It can be hard to see but if you look closely one of the bulbs may be out.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Yup. Call the BMW dealer and give them your VIN asking if your car has had the recall done. If not you can schedule a time to take it in and have it done.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Yup. Call the BMW dealer and give them your VIN asking if your car has had the recall done. If not you can schedule a time to take it in and have it done.
    Or..... DIY it.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Or..... DIY it.

This.

But at the same time the dealer will usually wash your car and give you free food too. At least mine did.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Worth it for the free breakfast at the ///M cafe. :D
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    This.

But at the same time the dealer will usually wash your car and give you free food too. At least mine did.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    We had a discussion about letting the dealer wash/detail our cars.

I believe it was down voted.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I already had my car serviced (PO had the recall done) by the dealer for this recall but when I pulled the tail lights apart it seems the left side had rewiring and seemed like it wasn't correct. In the process of fixing the wires and something didn't add up correctly with the shortage or voltage so now I'm kinda lost in what the dealer actually did.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    We had a discussion about letting the dealer wash/detail our cars.

I believe it was down voted.

I would politely tell them, thanks, but no thanks, on the wash. That's a no-go area for me.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

I think I may be having some of these issues starting to occur as well. BMW sent me a recall letter in the mail when I first got the car in 2011, I believe. Is it too late to take advantage of the recall? Not really sure how they work.

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast