Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

windshield wiper question

Broke a plastic bit replacing driver's side wiper insert.

Was about to order a new blade but I checked the parts diagram and if I'm reading it correctly, it seems I can replace instead just the part that cracked (#8) when I removed the blade from the arm. Some plastic bit on that piece broke and now the blade isn't held securely on to the arm.

Blade & arm are original but in excellent shape. Insert is new. Speaking of which, new inserts (including the metal reinforcement guides) are only like $2 each from BMW. They are a generic size for all models and the metal guides have "break-off" sections so as to fit your specific car.

Input appreciated.

I can't load photobucket at work, but browsing realoem.com myself, is this it: http://www.ecstuning.com/ES169859/

The piece that swings in the middle of your wiper arm? Yes, it is replaceable.

Cool, thanks. At first glance it doesn't seem replaceable but I'm pleasantly surprised it is so that I don't have to get rid of my otherwise nice OE blade.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    new inserts (including the metal reinforcement guides) are only like $2 each from BMW. They are a generic size for all models and the metal guides have "break-off" sections so as to fit your specific car.
    Glad you could get just the part you need. As far as the affordably priced refills, more and more dealers are not carrying those unfortunately. You can get the set of two WHOLE BLADES (~ $45) but not just the rubber-and-metal strips. There will still be places that stock those, however. I think our "narrow refill" cross section is called Profile B but I'm not sure. Will check.

Cant remember either, it's either B or E. Just measure. If the insert is 6.5mm wide, then it is B. See here: http://www.sherco-auto.com/images/lexorinsert.jpg