Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd love to pick up another AW ZHP with an auto for my wife to drive...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Twins! Seems to be priced right.

This was the Alpine White ZHP that I bought, then backed out from. They had deposited my certified bank check, then proceeded to show the car to a potential buyer of my black ZHP. Small world and very strange that it got back to me. But that left me unsettled that they were still showing the car after having received payment in full from a buyer.

On the positive side, this is a very clean car from what I was able to gather from the high res pictures their detailer sent me. There are substantial service records that come with it. Performance rotors front and rear, it has what looks like oem clear lights all around. Rear bumper was resprayed by detail shop due to small scratches- nothing major, front bumper has the typical under side scrapings, wheels were just refinished to remove all rash. Front tires were replaced, but they didn't tell me which brand. I did gather that they weren't the OEM tires, so probably cheapies.

Interior silver cube appeared to have some dents and scratches. Interior plastic trim pieces had some scratches - but all of those parts are fairly cheap to replace. Floor mats looked shot.

I would have loved to have gone through with this and done some TLC to the interior, a manual tranny swap, and potentially swapped interiors with my orient blue / natural brown (to be John's twin). When I started looking into what was required for the tranny swap, I got very discouraged - mostly by the cost of labor and the inevitable tamper dot on the guage cluster I was warned about by both my independent BMW mechanic and by Princeton BMW. I wouldn't be able to live with that. Plus, Bruce, my voice of reason, confirmed my reservations about the tranny swap and its ultimate impact on resale down the line.

I would imagine anyone looking for a steptronic will be very happy with this car.
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Wow Bill, great info on the car. Thanks for that... To be honest, having an automatic wouldn't really be that bad as a spare car for lazy cruises or running errands. I drove rando's car and the auto is fine. Knowing that I have my car with the manual would make me ok owning another with an auto...

That being said, I'd love to acquire it for my wife. But, funding doesn't realistically allow it. Oh well... Looks like a great buy!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

That was also the other side the equation for me as well. Having a ZHP that my wife could drive and appreciate may help her appreciate the 'sickness' that we all share...lol. I'm sure she'd welcome the keys to an auto ZHP for errands around town not requiring the Honda Odyssey!

I probably wouldn't mind a brake from the clutch once in a while either - especially on those mornings after my pickup basketball league where my legs and knees remind me that I'm not a teenager anymore!
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I'd love to pick up another AW ZHP with an auto for my wife to drive...
    zactly what i was thinking too.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Check this car out last week. It seemed to be in great condition but after a thorough inspection some concerning issues came up.

The carfax states no accidents but there's some obvious paint work done on driver side doors. Furthermore,the passenger front quarter panel is rippled, maybe a small impact. Passenger swaybar endlink is new as well as the passenger rear shock only.

It looks to me that the driver side windshield airbag deployed and the repack job wasn't done properly.

Upholstry on all A beams are either coming off or have excess causing wrinkling.

I wasn't turned away from these problems, all seemed minor requiring some workout the vanos sounded atroshous at 2500 rpm, a bag of marbles rattling sound so be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    Check this car out last week. It seemed to be in great condition but after a thorough inspection some concerning issues came up.

The carfax states no accidents but there's some obvious paint work done on driver side doors. Furthermore,the passenger front quarter panel is rippled, maybe a small impact. Passenger swaybar endlink is new as well as the passenger rear shock only.

It looks to me that the driver side windshield airbag deployed and the repack job wasn't done properly.

Upholstry on all A beams are either coming off or have excess causing wrinkling.

I wasn't turned away from these problems, all seemed minor requiring some workout the vanos sounded atroshous at 2500 rpm, a bag of marbles rattling sound so be warned.
    Oops. Good looking out.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

ya good to know. its funny cuz i see these cars with almost 1/2 miles of mine and I'm tempted to inquire and then realize my car literally has 0 issues and doesn't even have the 4k rpm dip, why the hell am I looking to switch?
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast