Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oil Thread

I'm not that low. It's just at the bottom of the acceptable range. It's not like almost gone. I'll go get some oil then.

Thanks
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Ok. Worried forma sec. Did you hear the concern in my post? Hehe...

Is this the first time you've gotten the red light?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, does a red/yellow light still mean oil pressure if it's only comes on for a couple seconds when I start and turn off the car?

Yes it's the first time. I was told when I bought the car that the oil separator needed to be replaced. Think this is it?

And yes I definitely heard the concern haha
    -Chris-

Dunno. Sensor/wiring issue.....or...intermittent low pressure issue. Maybe CCV could cause this. Never heard of it before though....

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Cause it's come on when I turned the car on and off for the past week or so but I thought it just meant low oil. I just dumped a quart of castrol synthetic 5w-30 in it and waited for it to cool off so I can see how much is in there now.
    -Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Cause it's come on when I turned the car on and off for the past week or so but I thought it just meant low oil. I just dumped a quart of castrol synthetic 5w-30 in it and waited for it to cool off so I can see how much is in there now.
    Yellow is low level. You are getting low pressure at startup and shutdown.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Yellow is low level. You are getting low pressure at startup and shutdown.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    That's what I thought. Alright. Well hopefully this will fix it. I'll update when I get it all squared away. How long would you say it takes for all the oil to drain out of the engine to properly test the oil level? 30 mins?
    -Chris-

I would give it a few hours....or let it sit overnight.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

Roger
    -Chris-

Autozone.com
    When I got my oil changed, I checked it the next day after letting it sit overnight. It was just touching first measure mark. After I warm the car up, the level is right where it should be. I use BMW 5W-30. Dunno if this means anything, I'm just throwing it out there for consolation in case anyone else was having a similar issue.

I've also had a lot of coffee this morning.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast