Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Noise after turning car off

This is probably normal but I thought I should check it with the experts. My ZHP, after driving home and turning it off in the garage, something continues to run. It sounds like an electric motor and I think it may be the SAP. It runs for a while, maybe a few mintues and eventually shuts off. Also, there is a slight knocking sound coming from the rear area, maybe fuel pump? I have a feeling it's all emissions related.

Dunno about the rear sound. The other sound is normally reported.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have the same electric motor sound too, I have no idea.

+1. I have it too.

nike001 Guest
    Same here.

I get a couple clunks when it turns off sometimes too.. also reported normal

It sounds to me, like the electrical circuits are discharging after shutdown, but I'm probably hearing my AE's.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I sometimes get the same type of electric motor sound. Don't know if it's heater pump, DISA de-energizing, VANOS solenoids, ventilation blower fan, electric cooling fan, etc. Shouldn't be the SAP which should only run on cold startup.

I'll try to localize the sounds. I got a feeling they have something to do with fuel vapors/evap system. My Toyota truck does something similar. Not near as loud though. On the Toyota, you have to be outside the truck with absolute silence or you can't hear it. With the ZHP, I can hear it sitting in the driver's seat.

The front could just be the fan and the rear may be just the crackling of the catalytic converter. You have an automatic transmission correct?

I get this too. I was guessing fuel pump but haven't spent any time trying to localize it.

2008 128i ZSP Sedonarot

---

2004 330i ZHP Imolarot
    Conforti Shark Injector - Installation Pending!
    AFE Magnum FORCE Stage 1 PRO 5R Intake
    ECS Tuning Strut Bar
    ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug
    German Auto Solutions DISA Gold Valve
    CDV Delete
    BSW and Polk Drivers
    Ziza LED Interior Kit
    Khoalty CREE LED Reverse Lights
    BMW strut tower reinforcement plates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast