Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Spacers + Wheel Studs, need help...

Im planning on getting 12.5mm/15mm (F/R) spacers from TMS,
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/c-14...l-spacers.aspx

and after some more reading (and of course thanks to Charlie that did the stud conversion on his magical ZHP ), im now leaning on doing the same thing instead of getting longer bolts together with the spacers. Which studs do you think is the best? what size (for 12.5/15mm spacers)?

What do you guys think?

Also Charlie, if you read this, can you please share some info on those studs you got from Rob and Kristen?

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

You have to go with 82mm minimum running those spacers. Doesn't look like TMS offes 82mm, but the do offer 90mm.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-25...6-e46-e9x.aspx

Personally, I would look into the 82mm's somewhere else.

Are you going with open ended lug nuts?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You have to go with 82mm minimum running those spacers. Doesn't look like TMS offes 82mm, but the do offer 90mm.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-25...6-e46-e9x.aspx

Personally, I would look into the 82mm's somewhere else.

Are you going with open ended lug nuts?
    DW, not sure what Charlie has, but i like it...

Also, where did you get that number (82mm)?

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

I snagged it off the Bimmerworld website which offers 75mm, 82mm, and 90mm. Says 75mm's are only good up to a 12mm spacer. I have 10mm spacers all around so I was good. I think 90's may be too long. Not sure what size Chuck has.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

jayjay.... the wheel studs I have on my ZHP are 90mm length studs. I like these since I run spacers all around. You can get wheel studs from EAS (European Auto Source). That's where I got a set for my ///M [ 75mm (12mm)]. Looking back I should have gotten the 90mm (12mm) ones instead, which is what I'm currently running on the ZHP.

Here's the link: http://www.europeanautosource.com/product/macht-schnell-single-wheel-stud

Regarding spacers....I'm running 10mm front and 12mm rear

are spacers a necessity when lowering or are they just aesthetic?

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    are spacers a necessity when lowering or are they just aesthetic?
    May be necessary depending on how low you go, suspension you roll with and wheel offset.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    May be necessary depending on how low you go, suspension you roll with and wheel offset.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    ok. charlie do you need spacers to clear everything given your current (new) drop? I plan on going about that low. just enough to get rid of all the wheel gap perhaps a slight tuck but only slight.

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I wouldn't call then a necessity for many setups, mostly more about looks. As in a discussion last week, some say they can be a point of failure so don't use them, others say they widen the stance so handling is better. If you don't track, it probably doesn't matter. So it's kinda what you want to believe, what look you are going for. My lowered suspension did NOT scrape until I added spacers.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I wouldn't call then a necessity for many setups, mostly more about looks. As in a discussion last week, some say they can be a point of failure so don't use them, others say they widen the stance so handling is better. If you don't track, it probably doesn't matter. So it's kinda what you want to believe, what look you are going for. My lowered suspension did NOT scrape until I added spacers.
    Just looking to get rid of wheel gap... Guess I so see how she looks post install and decide then.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast