Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Adding Horsepower to a ZHP

Lately I have been tossing around the idea of getting more power for my ZHP since my buddy is looking at getting an e46 M3. If he gets it he is planning on getting a turbo kit for it and making around 600hp.

I know there are supercharger options out there for zhp's but they don't add a whole lot of power for the amount of money they are. I did see a youtube video of an V8 LS ZHP.

That got me thinking about doing an S54 swap or LS swap just wondering what other zhp guys do for extra power?

If you have a coupe, the cheapest and easiest way to get 50% more power in roughly the same car is to sell your coupe and get an M3.

If you are committed to a 4 door E46, then S/C or S54 swap, I guess. LSD would also be a useful item to swap while doing this. I never really knew how big a difference the LSD makes until I went from my ZHP to my M3. Of course I had driven many other LSD cars but when switching platforms there are so many different variables that it's hard to tell what role the diff is playing. Here in the same E46 platform I really notice the difference an LSD makes.
    - Luke -

2012 Audi S4 6MT
    2009 GMC Yukon Hybrid
    2004 M3 Convertible 6MT (sold)
    2004 330ci ZHP 6MT (sold)

2002 Audi S6 (sold)

S54 swap if you know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by onepercent View Post
    If you have a coupe, the cheapest and easiest way to get 50% more power in roughly the same car is to sell your coupe and get an M3.
    This. NA BMWs are not easy or inexpensive to get power from. If you want to go with the zhp, I have heard good things about ESS.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

If you are committed to the ZHP, I'd go with S54. In my opinion, though, if you are looking for POWER, ZHP is not your car.

Get a new car that's more special than a ZHP!!

Or...get high performance driving lessons. A well driven ZHP can keep up with an average M3 driver. They'd be trying to lose you but you'd be this irritating tick on it's behind the whole time.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Get a new car that's more special than a ZHP!!

Or...get high performance driving lessons. A well driven ZHP can keep up with an average M3 driver. They'd be trying to lose you but you'd be this irritating tick on it's behind the whole time.
    Ha!!!

You've done it before....I can tell.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

IMO, before you invest in radical HP change, spend some time doing some High Performance Driving Schools and you’ll find the ZHP is more than enough for a beginner. After you’ve done five or more schools you will have better ideas about HP, suspension, tires and or other car options. That my friend is a whole lot more fun than just HP numbers.

If you’re just interested in straight line speed, don’t waste a Bimmer, less expensive Chevy’s, Fords and Dodge’s can do that all day long.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Yeah but being able to do a rolling burnout in 2nd gear is always fun.

The zhp does not need a lot of power but somewhere in the ballpark of 300whp would be awesome hence the s54 swap

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast