Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think the suggestion to try a lumbar pillow first is a reasonable one. Anyone have an example that's worked well for them? (I was thinking that most of the ones I've seen for sale would have an issue staying in the right place. One that doesn't have straps would probably sit too low on the seat for my taste, and one with straps would have trouble staying in the right place because of our relatively large side bolsters.) I'll probably start playing around with options this weekend and will let you guys know if I have any epiphanies.

I'm going to be near a dealership this morning running an errand. I'm tempted to ask them to quote a price for the lumbar retrofit. Anyone want to guess what they'll quote (driver's side only)?

2004 E46 330ci ZHP Coupe | Mystic Blue/Black Leather

Too much.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

I looked into it once before, I believe the quote was a tad over $1k, if memory serves. In any case, it was not worth it to me. I had a lumbar pillow in my other car for years and it worked well.
    Fuelly

Buy the parts on eBay or ebmwparts/getbmwparts if you want new. Last time I checked I think it ran about $350-400 per seat for new parts. Been thinking about it too.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

i thought about it too but I think im permanently putting in my recaro in and it didnt seem worth it to me. Like Sean said, I would get used seats to get the parts out. It's probably cheaper.

I had them in the 330Ci that I sold. Really like them. Now you have me thinking about a DIY.

I love them in mine. They came stock with the premium package on the car I believe. But I don't have the sport seats so didn't get the thigh bolsters.

Mine slowly lose pressure as well so i have to reinflate every once in a while but I believe they have saved my back on several trips.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

That's the one option I wish I had. I think my car is fairly loaded except for lumbar and nav. I've always had problems in the lumbar region. I just use a small pillow whenever I feel I need the support. I don't usually like memory foam but I've thought about getting it for this purpose. Don't know how it would keep with heat in a car over summer though.
    ~Will
    2004 Imola Red 330i
    6MT, Black Leather, Silver Cube, Cold Weather pkg, mostly Stock

The seats in my ZHP have to be the best seats I have ever had in a vehicle mainly because they are so adjustable. I have the power seat option. Maybe all ZHPs come with that? Any way, the lumbar support has the cool feature of a 4 way power adjustment so it can be increased or decreased and best of all, moved up and down your back. How can it get any better than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    How can it get any better than that?
    E38 Sport Seats have all the adjustability options of E46 Sport seats plus the top half of the seat back can tilt separately from the lower half so you can put your shoulders at the angle that is most comfortable to you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast