Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

proud new 330 owner - south bay

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim and live in San Jose. I recently moved back up from San Diego, where I went to school at. My dream growing up one day was to own an M3. This weekend I found something even better (imo), a 2006 330Ci 6MT ZHP/Dinan S package with 43k miles :D. It is a significant upgrade from my 06 VW rabbit! I am a first time BMW owner and still can't get over how neat this car is. I'm a horrible photographer but here are some pics of it from my phone

I already put 200 miles on it (!) over the weekend, testing its handling along the mountain routes. RWD is a blast to say the least.

I understand some people have some spite towards Dinan? Why is this? I know they are overpriced, is that the only reason? If it was up to me I would have kept the 330Ci badge. The exhaust does sound really good. Sorry for my ignorance
    '06 330Ci 6MT Fully Loaded / Sparkling Graphite / ZHP
    Performance: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust / Dinan Front Strut Brace / Dinan High Flow Intake / Dinan Stage 2 / UUC EVO3 + DSSR Short shifter / UUC Pulleys / CDV Delete
    Exterior: Painted Sidemarkers / Shadowline Kidney Grills
    Interior: BMW Performance Aluminum Pedals / M3 Dead Pedal / Clutch Stop / Dinan Mats / OEM Aux / OEM Homelink

Oh my. Oh my... That is complete WIN.

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum!!!!
    Fuelly

Welcome Norcal, from a SoCal. Great looking car. I'm not an expert, but from what I've heard, Dinan kind of was "the only game in town", but since, many quality competitors have sprung up with better pricing. It's now somewhat perceived that Dinan has rested on their laurels, that they are somewhat arrogant, and are still too pricey (hence the arrogance... high prices, same stuff). So, I don't know that it's a quality thing. I would also guess that because they are somewhat "old school" vs. newer tuners, it's easier to bag on them. Take none of this to the bank, it's only what I hear second hand. I still think their products are fine.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Welcome, beautiful car!

From someone that is desiring to build a Dinan ZHP, I love their products. Honestly, you can get much better bang for your buck with other manufacturers. But, Dinan products are phenomenal quality and I've been super impressed with the intake and exhaust (the ones I've put on my car). Dinan is perhaps considered more 'old school' but their mods are very understated and classy I think. If you like the mods, awesome, keep them and enjoy them.

Speaking of, do you know exactly what mods you have? I see intake, exhaust, and strut bar. What others??
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

WOOT more NorCal! I'm in Sacramento. Beautiful car, but I'd get rid of the DINAN badge. It looks crooked, but either way, smooth looks better! Welcome!

EDIT: Funny thing, my previous car was a 2008 Jetta 2.5l 5speed, so we have similar backgrounds, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    From someone that is desiring to build a Dinan ZHP, I love their products. Honestly, you can get much better bang for your buck with other manufacturers. But, Dinan products are phenomenal quality and I've been super impressed with the intake and exhaust (the ones I've put on my car). Dinan is perhaps considered more 'old school' but their mods are very understated and classy I think. If you like the mods, awesome, keep them and enjoy them.

Speaking of, do you know exactly what mods you have? I see intake, exhaust, and strut bar. What others??
    In addition to those, Dinan stage II software (supposedly) and floormats. I need to take the car to a local Dinan this week to make sure that the software is still installed and that it didn't get reflashed by a BMW dealership lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    WOOT more NorCal! I'm in Sacramento. Beautiful car, but I'd get rid of the DINAN badge. It looks crooked, but either way, smooth looks better! Welcome!

EDIT: Funny thing, my previous car was a 2008 Jetta 2.5l 5speed, so we have similar backgrounds, lol.
    I thought the same thing. It is slanted a little downwards. I'm going to find someone with a heat gun and just go badgeless. That's about the only visual mod I plan on doing.
    '06 330Ci 6MT Fully Loaded / Sparkling Graphite / ZHP
    Performance: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust / Dinan Front Strut Brace / Dinan High Flow Intake / Dinan Stage 2 / UUC EVO3 + DSSR Short shifter / UUC Pulleys / CDV Delete
    Exterior: Painted Sidemarkers / Shadowline Kidney Grills
    Interior: BMW Performance Aluminum Pedals / M3 Dead Pedal / Clutch Stop / Dinan Mats / OEM Aux / OEM Homelink

You probably don't need a heat gun. Should just be able to peel, then use gum-off type product to remove the leftover glue. Something like a credit card edge or a "markless" pry tool (plastic screwdriver).

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Pip told me he "sawed" through the glue with floss.

I've definitely hear that works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast