Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Congrats on getting into coding, and have fun!
    I am Jealous - hopefully I will be able to make it to one of the meets and get some things coded my car as well...
    none of you successful coders live near me

I'm not terribly far from you in Greenville, SC. Feel free to come down any time.

I hope to take my dedicated laptop and put NCSExpert and Simulated GT1 as well.

Thanks much for the offer - I wasn't sure where you were located! I might take you up on that for real ..
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

What is GT1? Any instructions for this part?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Can't you put anything there ? I set mine to 12,500 km
    I have not tested it but I've read in several places that those are the only valid entries. I suppose if it would accept anything you could put 2 in there and see if it goes off in 1.2 miles.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    What is GT1? Any instructions for this part?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    A GT1 is what BMW technicians use at the dealership. I too am not familiar with it, but have access to one if I can get it to communicate properly. My step father used to teach the BMW Step Program at UTI so that's how I have access to it and his knowledge on using it. My brother was also a BMW tech at Braman BMW in SFlorida. I pick his brain on these things all the time.

Some additional reading:

http://bmwgt1.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    A GT1 is what BMW technicians use at the dealership. I too am not familiar with it, but have access to one if I can get it to communicate properly. My step father used to teach the BMW Step Program at UTI so that's how I have access to it and his knowledge on using it. My brother was also a BMW tech at Braman BMW in SFlorida. I pick his brain on these things all the time.

Some additional reading:

http://bmwgt1.com/
    I didn't realize GT1 was DIS. I have that setup and working I just haven't had a reason yet to figure it out.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I didn't realize GT1 was DIS. I have that setup and working I just haven't had a reason yet to figure it out.
    Oh it's called DIS as well. I have it but haven't need to use it yet. Ill be getting around to using it one day.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

pretty much did the same thing as everyone else. i had most of my stuff done already. i only added: disabled sunroof from opening when holding down unlock, code my other key to lock when moving. on several other cars, i disabled the stage 2 steering wheel airbag check, disabled checks to use LED bulbs in highs without resistor, disabled selective locking, turn on optical confirmation, windows up with key, etc. i use it when i'm doing work on the side so i think did most of the easy stuff already. i noticed that the window looks different depending on the car. so when people posts screen shots, it's not going to necessary look like that, even if you use the same software version.

btw OP, you're not going to be able to set audible confirmation without an alarm. only visual. you need the siren.

Geez, sooo many options that I didnt know about. I dont think we have any experts in NorCal with this stuff but once I move to SoCal hopefully someone that knows how to do all this stuff can help me out.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post

btw OP, you're not going to be able to set audible confirmation without an alarm. only visual. you need the siren.
    That was exactly the idea, doing the $5 siren mod.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast