Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 284 of 357 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3566
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    my issue with the vacuum line addition to the CCV is that the vacuum level is unrestricted - also, what about the possibility of sucking oil up out of the pan if the bottom cyclone area of the CCV is clogged?

this is why i prefer my setup. i know where everything is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Temporarily at least il try the o2pilot mod and see if it helps with oil consumption... if it does then I know the culprit and I will eventually get a catch can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, it is important to note that O2pilot specifically said that a new CCV system is required if you are going to implement his mod. I'm guessing that because of the mod, the new CCV system won't ever have the clogging problem again, which is probably why he says that you need a new system for everything to work as intended. If you use an old, clogged up system, you could have problems.

This is why I'm saving up for a whole new CCV system before I attempt this.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

yep, that would help. however, without a PCV you might notice weird idle issues. i did before i installed one.
    Did you ever do a full write up on your catch can setup? If so, can you provide a link. I'd like to save it for later.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Guys, it is important to note that O2pilot specifically said that a new CCV system is required if you are going to implement his mod.
    whoops. reading fail. that makes sense.

why don't you wait for san to test? then you can decide if you want to do the whole new CCV, or a catch can setup. don't spend the money twice!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Did you ever do a full write up on your catch can setup? If so, can you provide a link. I'd like to save it for later.
    not a full one, but i do have the details from the CCAF setup here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...211#post467211

since my entire setup is a prototype right now, i have been monitoring it, and i have decided to make some changes. i'm replacing my can with something with better baffling and inlet/outlet design (either the 42draftdesigns 'ultimate' can, or the mishimoto baffled can), and i am moving it to the drug bin - this is because it will be easier to service, and these two aforementioned cans are larger than the one i have now, and won't fit anywhere else!

once this is done i will document it a bit better. i have been thinking of making a kit, too (with CCAF option ).
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    I'm curious if the ZHP has that second vacuum nipple in use as the video mentioned since our cars don't have the muffler with the flap in it.
    I had my hand back there awhile ago to check for a split cap on the bigger port (it was split), and I do not remember a vacuum line on the lower port. WE don't have the exhaust valve anyway so it would make sense if it was missing.

So I read about 10 pages of that thread. O2Pilot had the mod on for at least 2 years and he did not suffer from any negative issues that he could tell (and it seems a number of other people did as well and all of their oil consumption was reduced greatly). So I guess the car doesn't care about the extra vacuum?

My CCV is like a year old so I think I am good to go. I just wish I knew about this when I was changing it so I could have put a vacuum line on before installing it.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

whoops. reading fail. that makes sense.

why don't you wait for san to test? then you can decide if you want to do the whole new CCV, or a catch can setup. don't spend the money twice!

not a full one, but i do have the details from the CCAF setup here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...211#post467211

since my entire setup is a prototype right now, i have been monitoring it, and i have decided to make some changes. i'm replacing my can with something with better baffling and inlet/outlet design (either the 42draftdesigns 'ultimate' can, or the mishimoto baffled can), and i am moving it to the drug bin - this is because it will be easier to service, and these two aforementioned cans are larger than the one i have now, and won't fit anywhere else!

once this is done i will document it a bit better. i have been thinking of making a kit, too (with CCAF option ).
    In for both, the latter if I end up in a colder climate at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    In for both, the latter if I end up in a colder climate at some point.
    cool. it's entirely retrofittable.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

why don't you wait for san to test?
    Perhaps you forgot the rate at which I consume oil - every second I wait is more money down the drain. lol
    I'll be ordering stuff for it in the next couple of days.

then you can decide if you want to do the whole new CCV, or a catch can setup. don't spend the money twice!
    The CCV route is just easier. I don't have to do custom mounting and routing to get it to work... everything just fits into place nicely, OE style. This is how I prefer things. Plus, I don't have to worry about emptying a can, or worrying about the can freezing or having to hook up custom heating stuff for it to work. It's just easier this way, which is the method I prefer.

If there was no other solution, I'd do a catch can, but now thankfully I don't have to.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

If there was no other solution, I'd do a catch can, but now thankfully I don't have to.
    Fingers crossed! Sounds like you will be the first person to do the DIY. should we make a new thread about it now?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Fingers crossed! Sounds like you will be the first person to do the DIY. should we make a new thread about it now?
    A DIY from me isn't very likely, honestly...

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Guys, it is important to note that O2pilot specifically said that a new CCV system is required if you are going to implement his mod. I'm guessing that because of the mod, the new CCV system won't ever have the clogging problem again, which is probably why he says that you need a new system for everything to work as intended. If you use an old, clogged up system, you could have problems.

My ccv is 15 months/ 30k miles old and I made sure to avoid short trips especially in winter so I'm hoping it's still in good enough shape. Only one way to find out I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 284 of 357 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast