Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 312 of 357 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3566
    Ok I think I did hook that up. I'll check it out once I put my car back togethet
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Meanwhile the lifetime **average** of my dad’s ‘07 530i is 29.8mpg (he’s never reset it, because he doesn’t know how). EPA says it should only get 21 combined. He’s the opposite of an aggressive driver, but that’s an extra 8-9mpg above what they claim he should get.
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Well if you're going for mpg, then you're foot's too heavy. Even flooring it just once can ruin your average MPG, it's that sensitive!

I had no problem averaging 24-25mpg city only in the 330i loaner I had when I was hypermiling it. Our city probably isn't as populated as yours, which may contribute to this figure. On the highway I easily got 36-37 with all the tight, ever changing-speeds of the traffic we have 'round here, and that's on an xDrive. The RWD version is rated for 34. Our highways have their fair share of inclines in varying degrees.

I did a long trip in a 328i GT loaner and got close to 40 in that, heading into NY city, which is a traffic biotch.
    My foot was light as a feather. The problem was I drove mostly during rush hour traffic and Portland is very hilly, so it was probably the worst scenario for trying to get good MPG. That said, my ZHP gets ~19 MPG over a cycle of similar driving conditions.

The fact the power button’s symbol doesn’t maintain upright orientation when the volume is changed would drive me nuts. Confirmed, I can’t ever own a newer VW lol.
    It kills me inside, but I've seen that on a lot of higher end cars as well. Not sure why, you would think ze Germans would be all over that.

Nein, ze symbol vill alvays be upright!

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Actually, the green light only comes on for facelift coupe/convertible models with adaptive headlights. When the lights are set to auto and they are turned on, the green light illuminates to signal that the adaptive headlights are active. A solution to Spenser's problem would be to manually control his lights using the switch instead of using Auto, at which point the green won't come on since adaptive is only active in the Auto mode.

M3's and Sedans/Tourings don't have adaptive headlights, which is why Rob and Trevor haven't seen that light.

I think a blinking green light means there's an issue with the adaptive system and that solid green signifies that it is functional, but I could be wrong on that point.
    I had no idea this was a coupe-only thing. I guess I've never noticed in my sister's 330Xi or the other sedan ZHPs I've driven.

BP’s exactly right. I didn’t realize the non-adaptive cars didn’t have a green light. It’s bright, and you get a reflection on both the driver’s window, and the windshield (you can’t see the windshield reflection in the picture, but from my seating position it’s there...and annoying).

I normally drive in manual lighting because of it, but I really like the adaptive movement.
    I drive with the interior lighting set low, but that green light has never bothered me. Maybe our seating positions are different enough? Or I'm just selectively aware of my surroundings (hint: we all are)?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I had no idea this was a coupe-only thing. I guess I've never noticed in my sister's 330Xi or the other sedan ZHPs I've driven.
    Only because the LCI coupes have the headlights that swivel left and right as you turn the wheel.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

ze Germans
    Great, now I want to go watch Snatch.

I drive with the interior lighting set low, but that green light has never bothered me. Maybe our seating positions are different enough?
    That could definitely be it. I’m short. It was the same issue in the X3 too.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Only because the LCI coupes have the headlights that swivel left and right as you turn the wheel.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I just figured the green light signaled that that the automatic headlights were selected AND current exterior light conditions had activated the low beams. Never realized it had to do with the adaptive features.

Great, now I want to go watch Snatch.
    And then go blow out my speakers listening to some 96 kbps Mirwais from the dog/hare scene:

And then go blow out my speakers listening to some 96 kbps Mirwais from the dog/hare scene:
    I just spent way too much time looking for a gif of when he fires the shotgun from Boris the Blade in the car, blasting out the windows. My first gif failure.
    Goodnight, cruel world.

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

I just spent way too much time looking for a gif of when he fires the shotgun from Boris the Blade in the car, blasting out the windows. My first gif failure.
    Goodnight, cruel world.

Sometimes you just gotta do things yourself. Lemme grab my copy of Snatch and fire up the ol' After Effects:

P.S. you meant Vinny. Boris the Blade has a tea cozy on his head.

The fact the power button’s symbol doesn’t maintain upright orientation when the volume is changed would drive me nuts. Confirmed, I can’t ever own a newer VW lol.
    My son keeps his upright and will only adjust volume with the steering wheel buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    My son keeps his upright and will only adjust volume with the steering wheel buttons...
    That’s brilliant! You raised one smart cookie. In my 4 cars, I’ve never had the power icon printed on the button. They’ve all been blank, and just “understood.” That covers cars made in Sweden, Japan, and Germany. The various Lexuses my parents have owned since ‘92 just say “Power-Volume,” but the earlier models did have a small witness mark for indicating volume level.

I’m finished being off topic now, sorry.

^ Such a 90's-tastic center stack. Love it. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 312 of 357 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast