Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I mean, just look at @Rovert up there sharing well thought out technical advice instead of spamming CSL trunk pics!

I'm still looking for a good method for handling brake dust so that I can go back to OE pads/rotors for that slap-yo-momma-good bite.
    ROFL.

Downforce bro. It helps keep the rear down on braking hard.

If you want to keep OEM then just coat your wheels with ceramic. That should make for easy cleaning.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nice revival on this 5 year old wealth of information. I mean, just look at @Rovert up there sharing well thought out technical advice instead of spamming CSL trunk pics!

I went deep into the search for greater initial bite years ago too and took away the same general idea of cross drilled rotors helping bite a bit. They will slightly increase dusting (think cheese grater), but it's really about finding the happy place between dust and bite.

I'm still looking for a good method for handling brake dust so that I can go back to OE pads/rotors for that slap-yo-momma-good bite.
    I don't think slotted/drilled rotors actually add any extra bite. They are soley used for shedding heat which helps on the track. If they do add bite it's probably negligible.

Pads are what determine the bulk of your bite or lack thereof. My car has centric slotted rotors and OEM BMW pads. I've driven my moms car (2010 128i) and she has ceramic pads with stock blank rotors. Braking is totally fine in her car, but I find myself having to press the brake pedal a moderate amount harder than my car if I need to stop quickly.

If your pads and rotors have the ability to lock your wheels, then you cant physically slow down any faster. Things like tire compound and weight start to take effect.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    So I've been reading about the trade off in dust and initial bite, and that ceramics, while preferred by most, and producing less dust, don't have the bite that the oem pads have. I thought, what if I were to use ceramics in combination with drilled or slotted rotors? and then I see Bruce already posted how he gets a nice bite from that combo. Seeing as how I own one of his previous cars now, I think I will take that as a sign and go the same route.
    Mind ye, I do not track the car, nor do I plan on doing so. Just want to cut down on brake dust without sacrificing stopping power. Plus if I buy from FCP, who cares if they wear faster?
    Here is what I want to get:

Zimmerman drilled rotors
    Akebono pads
    SS lines

I would love your input, and any suggestions if you have any.

George
    I put the Zimmerman rotors on my 323i years ago and wasn’t real happy with them. They seamed to rust on the hub and I did have a shimmy when braking. Not sure if that was from the brakes or the suspension. Traded it for my ZHP before finding out.

On the pads, I’m currently running Hawk Performance’s High Performance Street 5.0. http://www.hawkperformance.com/perfo...et/pads/hps-50, that give me better stopping power than stock with low dust. On the rotors, I’m running Brembo solids. They have a zinc coating the doesn’t rust. Even after a year or two they still look new. Both are available from tirerack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I put the Zimmerman rotors on my 323i years ago and wasn’t real happy with them. They seamed to rust on the hub and I did have a shimmy when braking. Not sure if that was from the brakes or the suspension. Traded it for my ZHP before finding out.

On the pads, I’m currently running Hawk Performance’s High Performance Street 5.0. http://www.hawkperformance.com/perfo...et/pads/hps-50, that give me better stopping power than stock with low dust. On the rotors, I’m running Brembo solids. They have a zinc coating the doesn’t rust. Even after a year or two they still look new. Both are available from tirerack.

I've read good things about Brembo; people mostly prefer it over Zimmerman. The Hawks I can buy from FCP for ~$170, but the Brembo solids are sold only for the front . Maybe I should contact FCP and see if they just haven't updated their catalogue to show Brembo rears under 2005 330ci search.

I've read good things about Brembo; people mostly prefer it over Zimmerman. The Hawks I can buy from FCP for ~$170, but the Brembo solids are sold only for the front . Maybe I should contact FCP and see if they just haven't updated their catalogue to show Brembo rears under 2005 330ci search.
    i've run a few sets of coated zimmermann rotors on a few different cars; enough now that i won't buy them anymore, as my experience has been hit or miss.

trying pagid rotors next.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Or just check places other than FCP
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

ZHP brake advice/input

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Or just check places other than FCP
    I only love FCP and lifetime replacement, I'm sorry

I only love FCP and lifetime replacement, I'm sorry
    This. Don't like spending money more than once for the same item.

It helps that they're only 15 minutes from me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I am also a big FCP Euro fan. My indy repair guy will let me buy the rotors and pads from FCP and install them. Very happy about that. I like the idea of never paying for those items again.
    2004 330i E46 with ZHP performance package and cold weather package

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast