Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    what about your PSS10 issue(s)?
    That was no fault of FCP. Let me explain why.

PSS10's come as a set from the manufacturer, so that is how FCP has to replace them. They don't stock individual parts.
    If I bought a kit that consisted of multiple individually available parts thrown into one kit, then individual parts can be replaced. But, one shock from a set of PSS10's that are only sold as a set from the vendor can't be replaced on its own. It makes sense now that I've reflected on that.

If the shock was indeed bad, then I would have had to go through Bilstein's warranty to get a single replacement. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. If the warranty on the PSS10's was only a year or two and not lifetime like it actually is, then my only recourse outside of warranty would have been to replace the whole set through FCP, which is still better than being out of warranty with no recourse.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That was no fault of FCP. Let me explain why.

PSS10's come as a set from the manufacturer, so that is how FCP has to replace them. They don't stock individual parts.
    If I bought a kit that consisted of multiple individually available parts thrown into one kit, then individual parts can be replaced. But, one shock from a set of PSS10's that are only sold as a set from the vendor can't be replaced on its own. It makes sense now that I've reflected on that.

If the shock was indeed bad, then I would have had to go through Bilstein's warranty to get a single replacement. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. If the warranty on the PSS10's was only a year or two and not lifetime like it actually is, then my only recourse outside of warranty would have been to replace the whole set through FCP, which is still better than being out of warranty with no recourse.
    gotcha.

and let me tell you that bilstein's warranty used to be good, but it ain't anymore. i had to deal with them recently and if their damping wasn't so good i'd absolutely shop elsewhere. their customer service SUCKED. and had zero interest in making things right. excuses left and right.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    gotcha.

and let me tell you that bilstein's warranty used to be good, but it ain't anymore. i had to deal with them recently and if their damping wasn't so good i'd absolutely shop elsewhere. their customer service SUCKED. and had zero interest in making things right. excuses left and right.
    I did experience that; I called Bilstein in hopes of getting a single replacement (before finding out the shocks are just fine) and the guy was definitely dismissive. He kept trying to pawn me off to the vendor where I purchased them from. But, with the Cup Kit I had before, I had no problem getting a shock replacement. It's kind of weird how hit-or-miss it is.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I did experience that; I called Bilstein in hopes of getting a single replacement (before finding out the shocks are just fine) and the guy was definitely dismissive. He kept trying to pawn me off to the vendor where I purchased them from. But, with the Cup Kit I had before, I had no problem getting a shock replacement. It's kind of weird how hit-or-miss it is.
    it's because of how the company has changed in the last couple of years - i had a warranty claim with them about 5-6 years ago and it was nothing short of remarkable. i also had them revalve a set of dampers and that went really well too.

now it's all gone to heck. who are we gonna get quality dampers from now?
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    By giving terrible customer service, not communicating with your customer and inducing unwanted stress and the cost of coolant loss over another week of wasted time.

I work in a customer service industry. My time is money. I'll give my money to ECS every time because their shipping is consistent. I've had to return an item to them before and they took it no problem. Claim was handled via their chat service in a matter of minutes instead of me wasting 3-4 days waiting for a reply from FCP.

Lifetime warranty sounds great, but after my experience I don't ever want to deal with them again. Customer service is a lot more important to people than I think a lot of companies realize.
    Most of my business is with FCP, but I would have to agree, that their customer service isn't that great. They are kind of hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes they respond before end of day with all my questions answered, sometimes it takes days to get a question answered. For example, I contacted them on Wednesday to see if they sell rear brembo rotors; I want to go Brembo blanks with the Hawk HPS 5.0. I put my VIN into the inquiry form, and some guy named Kyle responds a couple hours later asking for my VIN... Anyway I gave it to him and he hasn't responded. If he doesn't get back to me tomorrow, I will have to wait until next week to hear back. I need new brakes bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Most of my business is with FCP, but I would have to agree, that their customer service isn't that great. They are kind of hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes they respond before end of day with all my questions answered, sometimes it takes days to get a question answered. For example, I contacted them on Wednesday to see if they sell rear brembo rotors; I want to go Brembo blanks with the Hawk HPS 5.0. I put my VIN into the inquiry form, and some guy named Kyle responds a couple hours later asking for my VIN... Anyway I gave it to him and he hasn't responded. If he doesn't get back to me tomorrow, I will have to wait until next week to hear back. I need new brakes bad lol
    Kyle was who handled my return after Jessica got sick. Kyle is the human version of a sloth and I was pretty sure he tried to duck my emails before the weekend came around and make me wait until Monday.

Never again.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

gd kyle

If you would have ordered from TR, you would be installing them tomorrow.

NUFF SAID!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Kyle replied. They are ordering new Brembos for the rear, will try them on one of their 330 e46s, then if all goes well, they will update their catalogue to include the rear Brembos. I happy.

Kyle replied. They are ordering new Brembos for the rear, will try them on one of their 330 e46s, then if all goes well, they will update their catalogue to include the rear Brembos. I happy.
    Sounds like damn good customer service to me.

Just sayin'.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast