Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Taking clear bra off?

So I have this clear bra that was on Gretchen when i got the car...
    I know it has been and still is protecting the car's paint, but it was a poorly done job to begin with, (not very exact, and at some points where there are cuts/joints of the clear bra, dirt has seeped inside when it rains etc) and it has become rather yellow - enough to be noticeable at most times and pics. Some of the corners have started peeling a bit, and one day I slowly lifted a corner and peeked underneath : the paint still looks great and doesn't show any difference from the rest of the pain on the hood and fenders, which has been maintained pretty well.

However the raggedy look and the 'dirt lines' on the bumper where water has seeped in through the middle of the bar and has run towards either end look terrible, and has started annoying me lately...

So I have decided to take it off, and risk it a bit - I know I might regret it later when I see the first stone chip etc, but the bra is starting to look worse and worse...can't clean it either...some of the stains and chip marks don't go away.

Shall I do it? I will take good care of the paint and keep it protected as much as I can with detailing products but I know it won't equal a bra...

OR:

I can see if I can get paint protection/clear bra redone - similar product but hopefully better craftsmanship...it might cost a bit though...

what would you guys do?

Here's a pic that illustrates what I am talking about (It's a bit worse in reality)

[/URL]
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Get a new one?
    In the market for an E90 M3

That is just poor material.

Strip it and find ventureshield dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I would redo it. But immediately, not to get any chips in between.

Yes that must come off, whether you decide to put a new one on or not.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    That is just poor material.

Strip it and find ventureshield dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ventureshield sucks, go with xpel ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Why do you say that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yes, ventureshield sucks because I've personally worked with it for over 4 years, has had it on my Z4M for 3 years and currently have it on my 128i.

But what do I know.

Please, elaborate on YOUR PERSONAL experience with Xpel. Please note the additional price difference if you want.

Here is my Z4M, not washed at it's first AutoX a couple weeks ago. Please if you want do tell me where my Ventureshield is at on that car...

Or if you want to do the same with my 128i, please let me know. I'm really interested to hear why Ventureshield sucks, I'll wait

Read all the review you want, you can't trump personal experience with the material.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

In for reasons you say this as well.

Let's keep is civil in here though.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    In for reasons you say this as well.

Let's keep is civil in here though.
    In for civil. I just want honest information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast