Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 363 of 383 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3828
    Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    I watch a ladies dogs every once in a while in plaza midwood and man do I hate driving to her house.. Lol. I swear there are sewer covers every 100m on that road and it's so narrow half the time I can't avoid them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Hey my wife sent me this pic from a UNCC parking deck this afternoon. U?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Hey my wife sent me this pic from a UNCC parking deck this afternoon. U?
    Sure was! What does your wife do on campus?

05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    Sure was! What does your wife do on campus?

Nice! She's taking a PhD level class to see if she's ready to commit to the full requirements of becoming Dr. Pizza

Nice! She's taking a PhD level class to see if she's ready to commit to the full requirements of becoming Dr. Pizza
    Very nice! I'm pretty free this semester so let me know if you still want to meet up at some point. I'd love to see your red rocket

05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

lol thx bois

Just realized I took this thread wayyy off topic

I'll move all this to my build thread in case the next owner of the red rocket is wondering why the inside of the lf fender liner is bright red

Hell yeah! I love these damn tires. On my 2nd set already. My last set was still performing great, but certainly not going to make it to the 50k mile warranty after spending so much time sideways and a track day thrown in.
    I'm pissed about that warranty... Did you know it reduces to 25,000 miles if your wheels are staggered?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post
    I'm pissed about that warranty... Did you know it reduces to 25,000 miles if your wheels are staggered?

That's reasonable though; not being able to rotate usually nets you a few thousand less miles out of a set of tires. This is why I don't run a staggered setup.
    Even rotating, high performance tires wouldn't really last much past 30k miles on our ZHPs anyway... I think 35k was the highest I got out of a set before the insides were so worn out that it had to be replaced. I tend to run a milder alignment setup that should net me pretty good wear.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiterStraightSix View Post

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That's reasonable though; not being able to rotate usually nets you a few thousand less miles out of a set of tires. This is why I don't run a staggered setup.
    Even rotating, high performance tires wouldn't really last much past 30k miles on our ZHPs anyway... I think 35k was the highest I got out of a set before the insides were so worn out that it had to be replaced. I tend to run a milder alignment setup that should net me pretty good wear.
    That's the one ^

BMW's alignment specs call for a lot of camber and toe in the rear, which eats the inside edge of the rear tires. I'm running square setup, -1.5 camber at each corner, and nearly zero toe. My tires would last forever if they weren't sliding sideways all the time!

BMW's alignment specs call for a lot of camber and toe in the rear, which eats the inside edge of the rear tires. I'm running square setup, -1.5 camber at each corner, and nearly zero toe. My tires would last forever if they weren't sliding sideways all the time!
    My alignment is even less aggressive than that... -1 camber in the rear with nearly zero toe as well. It still ​wears out on the inside edges far before the rest of the tread. I estimate I can probably get another 10k out of the set easily if I didn't have so much camber wear.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    My alignment is even less aggressive than that... -1 camber in the rear with nearly zero toe as well. It still ​wears out on the inside edges far before the rest of the tread. I estimate I can probably get another 10k out of the set easily if I didn't have so much camber wear.
    That's odd. What we call camber wear is usually due to toe + camber, but you don't see the wear without the toe. Are your RTAB's OE rubber? I know that, at least with rubber bushings, you want to have some static toe-in as the rolling resistance on the tire will pull the alignment to toe-out if you have rubber bushings with some give.

That's odd. What we call camber wear is usually due to toe + camber, but you don't see the wear without the toe. Are your RTAB's OE rubber? I know that, at least with rubber bushings, you want to have some static toe-in as the rolling resistance on the tire will pull the alignment to toe-out if you have rubber bushings with some give.
    Poly RTABs.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 363 of 383 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast