Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2003 BMW ZHP Salvage Title

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Listing my car. I know fanatics usually wouldn't look at salvage, and so I don't expect to sell it to anywhere here. I will do it out of courtesy, however. Just in case.

Price will change, I'm just seeing if there is any interest at this price point locally. Fanatics would never pay this for a salvage car, as far as I can tell.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3890197031.html

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...=bringing+back

$10.5k obo.
    Last edited by Avetiso; 07-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Snip

See my post belowww
    Last edited by E_Rak; 05-03-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

I bought my ZHP salvage from a Russian guy in Sacramento, who did a nice job fixing it up. Of course, that was before I became a fanatic. I would do it again. To me the only downside of a properly repaired salvage title is it makes it harder to resell it later. Since I have no plans to sell mine for at least the next 5 years, that was/is not an issue for me.

E_Rak, this is my car. As for the price, I know that an enthusiast wouldn't pay what I am asking for it. However, having worked at a salvage car dealership for 7 months, I've sold a lot of salvage cars. Even though a fanatic wouldn't buy at this price range, a non enthusiast would.

EDIT: Again, price will come down. It's listed high while I'm in school. Getting it out there locally. Once it comes time to move it, I will change the price.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I bought my ZHP salvage from a Russian guy in Sacramento, who did a nice job fixing it up. Of course, that was before I became a fanatic. I would do it again. To me the only downside of a properly repaired salvage title is it makes it harder to resell it later. Since I have no plans to sell mine for at least the next 5 years, that was/is not an issue for me.
    They are not bad cars. I really wish I could figure out where all this stigma came from; the majority of anti-salvage sentiment is hyped up by dealers, body shops, and fanatics that have no experience with them.

I do agree that it is harder to resell, but there is always that small group of people that wouldn't mind. An upside is that you get into a nicer car for less money, so long as you don't care that it is salvage.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    E_Rak, this is my car. As for the price, I know that an enthusiast wouldn't pay what I am asking for it. However, having worked at a salvage car dealership for 7 months, I've sold a lot of salvage cars. Even though a fanatic wouldn't buy at this price range, a non enthusiast would.

EDIT: Again, price will come down. It's listed high while I'm in school. Getting it out there locally. Once it comes time to move it, I will change the price.
    OH apologies I didn't even realize! TBH it looks well done and I'm sure the owner DOES know what he is talking about haha. Anyway, glws.

I would guess some the stigma comes from 4 places
    • Those who tend to resell their cars within 5 years have to worry about resale value. Concern about resale value becomes a self-reinforcing concern
    • Fear of frame damage you can't see. If you are not an expert, how can you tell? (In your case you have before and after pictures.)
    • Hurricanes Katrina, Irene, Rita, Sandy, and whatever other storm caused significant flooding. Flooding creates salvage title cars which have a reputation of developing electrical problems later.
    • Misunderstanding of what salvage means (and it may have different meanings in different states). Many probably don't realize a used BMW can be hit, suffer no frame or engine damage, and end up salvaged because the insurance company doesn't want to pay for proper repairs.

Our minivan was hit when it was 2 years old and the insurance company paid a lot to fix it up nicely. Runs perfectly fine and only a body shop person or or enthusiast can tell it was in an accident. But if it were in the same type of accident today they'd probably total it. (Not sure if there is such as thing as a minivan enthusiast...)

My advertisement isn't going up on Craigslist. What do I do?
    In the market for an E90 M3

What do you mean by it's not going up?

Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    What do you mean by it's not going up?
    I have a link for it, but I can't find it via search. Meaning nobody else can find it.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast