Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Wiring side:
    Thoughts on setting the VO to the GM5 to be before 0303, making it think it's a prefacelift car? That way we could use the coupe/vert mirror module and lose the stupid ribbon cables forever.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91

Im picking up M3 mirrors this weekend. Already have the ribbon cables waiting at home. Any update on the scanned sedan baseplate?

This DIY thread is in serious need of being updated featuring Sergy's 3D printed mirror motor baseplates. As I start doing this retrofit on my ZHP this Spring, I will be renovating the procedures outlined in this DIY and using new pictures from my upcoming retrofit on my first post in this DIY.

I also plan to write up differences in mounting OEM M3 side mirrors on ZHP coupes and vents in this DIY as well primarily focusing on swapping in the ZHP mirror motors into the OEM M3 mirror housings.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    This DIY thread is in serious need of being updated featuring Sergy's 3D printed mirror motor baseplates. As I start doing this retrofit on my ZHP this Spring, I will be renovating the procedures outlined in this DIY and using new pictures from my upcoming retrofit on my first post in this DIY.

I also plan to write up differences in mounting OEM M3 side mirrors on ZHP coupes and vents in this DIY as well primarily focusing on swapping in the ZHP mirror motors into the OEM M3 mirror housings.
    Can u add which bolts you used when installing the mirror plates onto the door. I know you have to drill new holes to install the mirrors to the door . This is were I ended up getting stuck years ago when I was tackling this task .

Where to make the new holes and what bolt size to used ? The cable ribbons was another headache .

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rguti153 View Post
    Can u add which bolts you used when installing the mirror plates onto the door? I know you have to drill new holes to install the mirrors to the door . This is were I ended up getting stuck years ago when I was tackling this task .

Where to make the new holes and what bolt size to used ? The cable ribbons was another headache.
    I will be updating this DIY soon. I just sourced my ZHP side mirrors from eBay so that I can take out the mirror motors to transplant into my OEM M3 side mirrors I have already sourced for my ZHP project. It has been awhile since I have done this project on my first ZHP and I don't remember what bolt I used but will be documenting what to use and where I got the bolts from so other's won't have to guess here... please be patient as I have plenty of other projects lined up right now to catch up on before taking on this project...

First off thanks to everyone for the info on this thread to help out on this swap. Does anyone know if these 3D printed bases were ever completed or does someone have a file I could use to print the bases? I am piecing everything together and currently have the lexan bases using Shawn's photoshop template but a 3D printed base seems like it could save me some time messing with holes and centering mirror.

Also, through all my reading it seems like there are lots of broken ribbon cables which I'd really like to avoid. Besides wrapping with packing tape at the end, is there anything else to help? Did I understand correctly that the connector on the end of the cable needs to be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZHP View Post
    First off thanks to everyone for the info on this thread to help out on this swap. Does anyone know if these 3D printed bases were ever completed or does someone have a file I could use to print the bases? I am piecing everything together and currently have the lexan bases using Shawn's photoshop template but a 3D printed base seems like it could save me some time messing with holes and centering mirror.

Also, through all my reading it seems like there are lots of broken ribbon cables which I'd really like to avoid. Besides wrapping with packing tape at the end, is there anything else to help? Did I understand correctly that the connector on the end of the cable needs to be removed?
    Sergy used to 3D print the mirror motor base plates but he has moved and no longer prints them. Regarding broken ribbon cabling, just take your time and when feeding them thru the OE mirrors pull/push them thru gently. I got my mirror motors out with no issues. And yes you read correctly, in order to feed the ribbon cabling out of the OE mirror assembly, you need to remove the plugs at the end of the ribbon cable then it will feed thru. This process is not too hard to do.

I really appreciate that - I would like to put M3 mirrors on down the road (I believe plug and play for coupes), but helpful for everyone, even outside the Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I really appreciate that - I would like to put M3 mirrors on down the road (I believe plug and play for coupes), but helpful for everyone, even outside the Mafia.
    The OEM M3 side mirrors will mount directly (if you're referring to plug and play) on coupes and verts but you still have to transfer the mirror motors into the new M3 housings. Nothing about the M3 side mirrors are plug and play otherwise.

This will be my winter project - to update this retrofit

3D printed baseplates

Sergy used to 3D print the mirror motor base plates but he has moved and no longer prints them.
    I can print them if I had the file. Do you know if he still has the STL or if he'd be willing to send it? Can compensate a few $ within reason if that helps and it's a sure fit.

I'll also try and document any issues I run into as I do the swap.

Thanks!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast