Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by thegenius46m View Post
    Hey Charlie. Which M5 mirrors did you order? Do they autofold left and right at the same rate? Looking to do this mod.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/28366392312...Bk9SR-bBua6yYg

This is the set I purchased from eBay to obtain my auto folding motors for my M3 side mirrors. They run $230 + $50 shipping. I have a spare set of auto folding mirror motors that I can sell to you shipped for $75 if you're interested but right now I'm in Florida visiting with my brothers so I won't be home until after the 2nd of August. Just hit me up with a private message if you're interested.

The mirror motors auto fold at the same rate once you hit the button. I have also done this mod to my M3.

Hi all, I got the Umnitza Euro mirrors thinking it was going to be easy. It would have been if I did not have the Ribbon style mirror motor. I paid for the mirror housing to be paint matched, which made a return not possible, as I ordered the incompatible 12 pin model.

So I had to do the ribbon motor swap, losing the folding feature in the process.
    The passenger side motor moves right over, the driver side is oriented differently, so I had to drill new holes.

Here is the result on one side, the other looks identical.

Name:  side_mirror.jpeg
Views: 670
Size:  1.14 MB

My review.
    Looks: A good plus.
    Visibility: Better for sure.
    Ease of mod: not easy, and a little risky. That ribbon connector is brittle. Need gentle hands.

Downside: Wind noise. Although I will try to add some more insulation and see how it goes. It is not bad, it's a constant white noise, and starts around 40 MPH, instead of 60 with the old mirrors. It is not too loud either, between the sound of the intake, exhaust, and tires, it does not bother me. With the music on, I don't notice it. I think the insulation may well help, will see.
    Last edited by akoshok; 11-07-2023 at 03:08 AM.

Nice werk, synopsis.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by akoshok View Post
    Hi all, I got the Umnitza Euro mirrors thinking it was going to be easy. It would have been if I did not have the Ribbon style mirror motor. I paid for the mirror housing to be paint matched, which made a return not possible, as I ordered the incompatible 12 pin model.

So I had to do the ribbon motor swap, losing the folding feature in the process.
    The passenger side motor moves right over, the driver side is oriented differently, so I had to drill new holes.

Here is the result on one side, the other looks identical.

Name:  side_mirror.jpeg
Views: 670
Size:  1.14 MB

My review.
    Looks: A good plus.
    Visibility: Better for sure.
    Ease of mod: not easy, and a little risky. That ribbon connector is brittle. Need gentle hands.

Downside: Wind noise. Although I will try to add some more insulation and see how it goes. It is not bad, it's a constant white noise, and starts around 40 MPH, instead of 60 with the old mirrors. It is not too loud either, between the sound of the intake, exhaust, and tires, it does not bother me. With the music on, I don't notice it. I think the insulation may well help, will see.
    Although this DIY is strictly intended for retrofitting OEM M3 side mirrors, I don't know why you're posting installing Umnitza Euro mirrors and hyperlinking to them in this DIY?

I would appreciate it if we can keep things on topic as the intent of this thread is for people who desire to mount OEM M3 side mirrors not other types of side mirrors. Perhaps you can make up your own thread detailing all the issues and hyperlink to your product if you wish, thanks.

Hi cakM3,
    Apologies if this is not something you wanted. I neither wanted to hijack the thread, nor shill for Umnitza. I considered starting a new thread, but given that I was considering an M3 side mirror, and came upon these, and perhaps others out there, I shared my experience.

If you would like, I can delete my post, as well as this one, and start a new thread.

Retrofit OEM M3 side mirrors doityourself

Quote Originally Posted by akoshok View Post
    Hi cakM3,
    Apologies if this is not something you wanted. I neither wanted to hijack the thread, nor shill for Umnitza. I considered starting a new thread, but given that I was considering an M3 side mirror, and came upon these, and perhaps others out there, I shared my experience.

If you would like, I can delete my post, as well as this one, and start a new thread.
    I think it would be awesome if you posted a new thread w/ pictures showing your install and provide to the forum alternatives for everyone to see. No need to delete your post

My DIY was written so that people who really wanted to install the OEM M3 side mirrors the right way would have info that was thoroughly researched and put together so they can do this.

I am all for people posting what they did but appreciate more if they kept on topic. I really would like to see just how you did your install, all the good and bad during the install. Tools used and any heads up so anyone who might decide your way is easier has the info along with more pictures (you can see by my DIY I like pictures).

Sent from my iPhone 15 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-09-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Can do cakM3. I am waiting for some HW to arrive today, which I will use when I add some noise insulation to the mirrors. Good little project for the weekend.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789